-1st, 2nd, & 5th Periods-
1) latitude–freedom, scope or range, or the angular distance from a point (noun)
2) lavish-extravagant or luxurious (adj.)
3) lax–loose or slack (adj.)
4) legendary-well-known or famous (adj.)
5) lethal-causing death (adj.)
6) lethargic–lacking energy or vigor (adj.)
7) loath-reluctant (adj.)
8) lucrative-profitable (adj.)
9) lurk-to lie hidden, often with an evil purpose (verb)
10) lush-fertile and thriving (adj.)
*AC Students using Sadlier-Oxford list, please find your Unit 8 words here.
respite– a temporary delay (noun)
retort– a quick or sharp reply (noun)
revere– to have great respect for (verb)
rivalry– competition with others (noun)
romp– to play in a rough, noisy way (verb)
rummage– to search in a messy way (verb)
saturate– to soak completely (verb)
savor– to enjoy the taste, smell, or moment of something (verb)
Focus for the Week
This week in Language Arts, we will continue our review of argumentative writing. Students will read and analyze multiple articles to use as examples, and we will rely heavily on our Springboard books as we work this week. We will also conduct a review of modifiers.
-Please study every night for your vocabulary quiz.
-Please bring highlighters (six different colors) every day this week.