Lip gloss was first invented in 1932 by Max Factor, who was a pioneer in the world of makeup. The other cosmetic products invented by him include lipstick and mascara wand. The reason behind the launch of lip gloss was exclusively cinematic. He doubled the ‘oomph’ quotient of actresses by making their lips shiny and glossy in the movies.
- LipSmacker, the first flavored lipgloss, was presented in 1973.
- Egyptians invented lipstick over 4000 years ago!
- Lips appear red due to the amount of tiny blood vessels underneath them.
- Saliva has enzymes that break down food and do the same when they come in contact with lips. Thus, drying your lips out.
1.5 oz Beeswax Pearls (available at craft stores)
1 oz Cocoa butter
1.5 oz Mango Butter
.5 oz Almond Oil
.5 oz Jojoba Oil
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
1-2 Teaspoons Peppermint Essential Oil
5-10 Drops Rosemary Oil Extract
Lip Balm Containers
There are 6 teaspoons in a fluid ounce. To convert fluid ounces to teaspoons, multiply the fluid ounce value by 6.
1. Melt the beeswax pearls in a small saucepan on the lowest heat setting.
2. Once melted, add the butters and remelt. Add the essential oils and heat through.
3. Remove from heat and add the flavored oils (peppermint, coconut, rosemary) to your liking.
4. Place in small lip balm containers.