- We’re going to organize the fiction (chapter book) section by genres. This process is called genrefication, and will help students find books by their favorite genres such as adventure, scary stories, mysteries, etc…
- We’re creating an early reader chapter book section on the “island” shelf in front of the circulation desk. This will be an area for our youngest students to find age-appropriate beginning chapter books.
- We’re working on Learning Commons certification. If you’re curious about the Learning Commons model, this is a great article to read: https://www.edutopia.org/blog/21st-century-libraries-learning-commons-beth-holland
- The media center is open from 7:15-2:10 pm. Checkouts for students in grades 3-5 begin the week of August 6. Checkouts for students in grades K-2 will begin the week of August 13 after they have been through orientation.
- Students in Kindergarten can checkout 1 item. Students in 1st and 2nd grades can checkout 2 items. Students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade can checkout 3 items. Parents can checkout 5 items once they establish a parent account – just stop by the media center to do this.
- All checked out items are due back within 14 days. Items may be renewed once if no one is waiting on the item.
- We are always on the lookout for new and exciting books for our students! If you have a book suggestion, let us know. There’s a box at the circulation desk. Write your name on the paper and when it arrives, we’ll let you be the first to check it out.
If you ever have a question, please stop by at your convenience! We look forward to a wonderfully busy year!