Fraction Test Review – Students were given real-life word problems involving fractions. They worked in pairs to check each other’s calculations and then helped each other make a video explaining how to solve each word problem. These videos will be shared with all the fifth grade classes to serve as a review for their upcoming test.
Constructive/Destructive Forces project – This was a collaborative project between a fifth grade teacher, the computer lab teacher and me, the media specialist! Students did research on their assigned topic, created written scripts, collected props, searched for images and then put it all together in a green screen video!
The Great Depression project – Students worked collaboratively to create a script describing the Great Depression, including the Dust Bowl, Hooverville, and even visits from President Hoover and President Franklin D. Roosevelt! They were recorded and then their video recording uploaded to the iPad app, Green Screen by DoInk. This lesson included GA standards for social studies, writing, and speaking as well as several American Association of School Librarians (AASL) and International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards. Enjoy!
This video was too large to upload, but you can view it online at: http://bit.ly/2kl2gnC
Sea Turtle Resources
- Costa Rica Turtles website http://costaricaturtles.com/sea-turtles/
- Animal Fact Guide website http://www.animalfactguide.com/animal-facts/green-turtle/
- See Turtles website http://www.seeturtles.org/classroom-resources/
- The Kids Times – Green Sea Turtle document http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/pdfs/education/kids_times_turtle_green.pdf
- Jekyll Island Sea Turtle Center website http://gstc.jekyllisland.com/about-us/faq/
- Ocean Portal – Meet the Seven Sea Turtle Species website http://ocean.si.edu/slideshow/meet-seven-sea-turtle-species?gclid=CjwKEAjwyqOwBRDZuIO4p5SV8w0SJAAQoUSwBRLaFxdCslp8iq4D5IY78qerExIMmHUqpGGeMRmbnxoCWDXw_wcB