Hour of Code Has Arrived!
Coding is everywhere – used with computers, tablets, cell phones, video games and more. We are participating in the Hour of Code this week in the media center and YOU will get to code with Flappy Birds, Minecraft, Star Wars characters, etc. Let’s celebrate Computer Science Education Week together.
Coding Hours Each Morning From 8:15 – 9:10 AM
Sign up for a coding spot on the sheets located on the Media Center windows! Space is limited so sign up now!
- Tuesday Before School, December 6th
- Wednesday Before School, December 7th
- Thursday Before School, December 8th
- Friday Before School, December 9th
ThingLink allows you to turn any image or video into an interactive story, project and much more!
Hover over the buttons on the map below to learn more about the Communism and the Iron Curtain.
Click here to take a quiz on Communism
*Your username and password for Destiny and Biblionasium is your lunch number*
Your personal Destiny account gives you the power to:
- Hold books (two at a time) – want more info about this? Click on this link —> Holding Books in Destiny
- See the books you have checked out and their due dates
- Create wish lists of books you would like to read
- Recommend books to friends
- Write book reveiws
Biblionasium is a new social media resource to help you locate books, complete reading challenges, discuss books with classmates and more! Today we will set up our Biblionasium accounts, log books and write a book review.
All living things are part of a food chain – whether it is people, plants or other organisms. Today you will use the food chain to determine producers and consumers, identify equilibrium in an ecosystem, and learn how organisms affect one another.
Vocabulary – consumer, ecosystem, equilibrium, food chain, population, predator, prey, producer
Click here to log in to Explore Learning