Our virtual lab will show us how heat is transferred through various materials. During class you will:
- Observe and measure the transfer of heat from one container to another via a thermal conductor.
- Interpret a graph of heat transfer.
- Find the relationship between the rate of temperature change and the temperature difference between the two containers.
- Compare the rate of heat transfer for different materials.
- Classify materials as thermal conductors or thermal insulators.
Vocabulary: conduction, convection, insulate, radiation, thermal conductor, thermal energy, thermal insulator
Click here to login to Explore Learning Gizmos
Are you keeping up with your READ-olution?
It’s not too late to join our “Read It! Challenge” between now and May! R
ead 10 books in just 5 months AND complete new challenges each month to win a sweet treat social.
Watch our new video promo below!
If you didn’t complete last month’s challenge, no worries! You can complete it ANYTIME before the end of school.
Today you will:
- Explore the path of water through the water cycle.
- Explain evaporation, condensation and precipitation.
- Describe the different paths that water can travel.
- Compare the amounts of water in different reservoirs (oceans, ice, soil, etc.).
Today’s vocabulary: aquifer, condensation, evaporation, freezing, glacier, melting, phase change, precipitation, reservoir, runoff, transpiration, water cycle
Log in to your Gizmo account here
We are reviewing Canada today in class.
- Input your iRespond answers on your computer.
- Complete the ThingLink activity below
3. Go to Kahoot for today’s assessment
Help spread the kindness here at school! We are a “Choose Kind Classroom” and would love to see you bring your kind deeds to our area and beyond.
Share your kind deeds on a Kindness Card and include it on our Wonder Wall…you’ll be amazed at how nice it makes you feel to see your acts and others on display. 🙂