Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. – Registration begins
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. – Registration ends
- Monday, March 5, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. – Unpaid registrations will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. – Last day to cancel a registration and receive a partial refund. Exams will be ordered on March 7, and no refunds will be given after that date.
- The exam window is May 7 to May 18. See the College Board website for the dates and times of the specific exams.
REMINDER: If you failed the Unit test after test corrections, please send me an email.
Over the weekend, you should have reviewed the Federalist info handed out in class and started your reading of ch. 9 for an RQ on Tuesday. Review the practice questions related to the first few Presidencies.
- Coupon for the week= Complete a one page, one sided Black History BioPoem. You have the chance to earn 2 by completing 2 separate biopoems pages for Black History Month, You will need to find important African American leaders from American History and complete a one sided Biopoem page that has the following information. Wikipedia has a list of 100 greatest African Americans if you would like ideas. This information should be typed,double spaced by topic, 18 font and centered under a picture of the person that you are spotlighting. Your name and class period should be on the back side of this coupon. Let me know if you would like to use the computer lab before or after school.
- Place the image at the top using 1/4 to 1/3 of the page
- Title (BOLD) = name of the person you are highlighting
- Occupation (ex. writer or minister)
- 3 Adjectives that you would use to describe this person
- Time period in history that this person is influential
- Accomplishment /contribution(s) to American History ( you may use more than one line for this)
- Famous quote or interesting fact about this person
Monday – We will complete our coverage of the Federalist Era = Washington – 2 terms and J.Adams 1 term; First 2 political parties emerge = You should have reviewed that information on the two parties over the weekend. Handed out last Thursday with the Washington and Adams outlines and Federalist info.
Tuesday – RQ ch. 9 to start class Jefferson’s Presidency beginning with Election of 1800, Louisiana Purchase, 1807 Embargo Compare his first and 2nd terms.
By Friday, complete your Ch. 10 outline (70%)the multiple choice item quiz (30%)as you read the chapter.
Wednesday – Madison’s election and presidency discussed in class. response to Embargo as initiated by Jefferson, Hartford Convention, War of 1812, terms of the Treaty of Ghent .
Thursday – Monroe’s election and presidency “Era of Good Feelings” discussed using outline esp. Monroe Doctrine, , Henry Clay’s American System , Panic of 1819, *Missouri Compromise, *Monroe Doctrine, Convention of 1818
*Review session after school at 3:40 pm – 4:30
Friday – 7:45 AM Review Session *RQ 10 Outline(70%) due at the start of class and the 15 item quiz (30%). Unit III test in class = Constitution goes into effect – Monroe’ Presidency ( There will be no test corrections on this Unit test. )
Over the break, you will need to complete the Antebellum Reform chart and the Ch. Outline handed out in class, after the test. Be safe!