Students please take the following survey:
Students please take the following survey:
Parents there is still time to register for the Griffin 2nd Annual College and Career Expo on Wendesday, March 27th.
To sign up to showcase your profession or business, please click the below link :
We especially need representatives from the manufacturing, energy, and the health care industries.
The counseling team went in to all 6th and 7th grade classrooms to help students continue to build positive relationships with their teachers and to learn to delay immediate gratification. We practiced our self control techniques to react more like water and less like soda! Here are 10 tips to help you regain your self control when you feel angry or upset:
3DE is a four-year school within a school partnership between Osborne High School and Junior Achievement that creates an interdisciplinary environment in which students learn through the lens of real-world career application. In 3DE, students explore a wide range on career pathways and industries. Graduates are prepared with the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to make informed next steps after high school and be successful in their careers.
Interested students please see Ms. Richardson for an application.
2. Freshmen Bridge Program
More information to come about this exciting summer program!
1. AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) prepares students for both a challenging high school curriculum as well as for all college and career options. Once students have been accepted into the program, they will be placed in the AVID elective course each year of high school. In this course students develop study and organizational skills, learn time management, set and monitor goals, and participate in twice weekly tutorials. In addition, AVID students attend college field trips at least twice a year, work on community service projects, and prepare college entrance exams.
• Who is an AVID student?
• Academic potential
• 2.0 – 3.5 GPA
• College potential with support
• Student with desire and determination to succeed
• Student motivated to work hard in all courses
See Ms. Richardson for an application
Applications are due to Ms. Richardson on Tuesday, March 12th
AVID Interviews are scheduled during connections on Tuesday, March 13th.
2. The Campbell Entrepreneurship Program – The Campbell Entrepreneurship Program offers students an opportunity to earn Honors Literature credits and Career and Technical course credits in a non-traditional format while learning to launch their very own small business by the end of their tenth grade year. Interested students please contact via email @ Michael.email@example.com or Cassandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
3. STEM Pathway – To teach students to explore and become innovative thinkers, as well as afford them with opportunities that will assist them in their development as global leaders. The program will also provide rich inquiry based learning experiences while preparing students to be problem solvers and enter into post-secondary studies in STEM fields.
• STEM Cohort Pathway Requirements:
• ELA – 80 or higher in AC English Language Arts
• Math – Successful completion of Math 8 or AC Math & SMI year end proficiency rating scores of 1140-1325
• Science – 80 or higher in AC science
Interested students complete online application
(Link located on the CHS website)
4. STEM Summer Camp
• Rising 9th – Rising 12 graders
• Campbell High School
• June 3 – June 20, 2019
• Monday – Thursday
• 8:00 – 3:00 pm
• Math tutoring for rising 9th graders
• Weekly Field Trips
• Transportation provided (Bus stops at nearest location to home)
• Light breakfast and lunch provided
Applications available in the front office or student support
Return applications to Ms. Richardson by April 14th
Online applications are due April 18th
• Download and complete form on the CHS Website (student tab) and email to the director or site coordinator email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Julia Richardson at email@example.com with to help navigate any of these programs!
Students interested in applying to the Cobb County Center for Excellence in Performing Arts at Pebblebrook High School need to attend an informational session on Thursday, December 13th. The session will take place in the Professional Learning room at GMS at 11:00. Please click on the link to reserve a spot.
Sign Up Here
Career Cruising Website
The counseling team is offering Magnet Application Help Sessions for students applying to one of the Magnet Programs! If you would like to be involved, please come to one or as many of the sessions as possible. We are officially one month away from the deadline of the applications! THIS IS THE ONLY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Mr. Penick is working on providing IB students to also help with the applications. Register for a session here:
All sessions will take place in the 8th Grade computer lab. The sessions are listed below:
• Friday, November 9th – 2:50 – 3:30
• Friday, November 9th – 3:30 – 4:15
• Tuesday, November 13th – 2:50 – 3:30
• Tuesday, November 13th – 3:30 – 4:15
Come join your counselors during your lunch on Fridays! We will have different activities each Friday for you! All you need to bring is your lunch 🙂
Students must sign up before attending.
To sign up: follow this link and pick your lunch time. You will receive a pass on Friday and your teacher will be told too!
Looking forward to eating lunch with you!
You are invited to our Social Media Night to bring awareness to parents in regards to teens using Social Media. Please join us in hearing Dr. Patricia Agatston speak about Teens and Social Media starting at 6:30pm at Griffin Middle School. See more information from our fliers below.
social media and teens English-2btli2g
Social media and teens Spanish-2dauxzx
1 2 3 … 12 Next