Brit Lit Week 13: April 13-16
Digital Learning Week 4
Welcome back from Spring Break!
We will continue using Remind, my blog, Teams, and our Office 365 Class Notebook to interact and submit assignments. Please see the links to the right for help logging into Office 365 from home, Vocab resources, and under Tech Links you will find quick links to NoRedInk and Audible.
This Week’s Assignment Checklist:
- Make-up Work: Priority #1: If you have missing work from before digital learning, I sent you an individualized email with copies of the assignments. Complete those and share the assignment links with me in Office 365 or post in your Assignment tab of the class notebook.
- Practice Adulting: cook a meal, do the laundry, install a ceiling fan…learn to do something new that will help you when you live on your own!
- Vocab Unit 20: page 227 in your vocab book
- Independent Novel: Complete the “Novel Notes for Analysis” found in our class notebook
- NoRedInk- Using Colons and Semicolons (your login info is in your assignment section of the class notebook & link is to the right.)
- Discussion Post Week 4 (post your response in our “collaboration” section of our class notebook)
** See below for directions. All handouts are in our Office 365 class notebook.
Independent novel Studies: (all handout our in the class notebook content library)
Great job reading your independent novel. Don’t you feel accomplished.
- Complete “Novel Notes for Analysis” (handout in our class notebook). Download them and save as using you name in the new title. If you can questions completing the pages, let me know.
Class Discussion Post: Week 4
- We will continue our discussion post this week. Think of this as your journal and our class discussion mixed into one! You will respond to the question with at least 5 sentences. You will find the question and place to respond in our “collaboration” section of our class notebook.
Vocabulary Unit 20:
- Using the online resources and your book, review the new words found in Unit 20
- Complete page 227 in your vocab book
- Did you complete the class PPT introducing the words? If not, please complete your slides by clicking here. Everybody does 2 slides/words (First come, first choice of words). I shared the template with you. Just pick your two words and create a slide for each including:
- Part of speech
- Use it in a sentence
- Add an image to help convey the meaning.
- Log on to com (link to the right under “Tech Link”) and complete the Colon and SemiColons
British Author/novel study
Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.(RL1)
Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text. (RL2)
Journal/Discussion: Write routinely over extended time frames for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences. (W10)
NoRedInk: Demonstrate command of the conventions of grammar and usage (L1, L2)
Vocab: Acquire and use accurately general academic and domain-specific words (L6):