Brit Lit Week 14: April 20-24
Digital Learning Week 5: I miss you guys!
Now that you have finished your novels, we will begin our novel and film analysis. This week, you will want to view your film, maybe a couple of times, and complete the “Film Study Worksheet” which will help you with your compare and contrast analysis. We will take a break from NoRedInk but continue our class discussions and learning new vocab.
A note on grades: I have posted grades for your digital learning. If you completed it but the grade did not help your overall average, I did not include it. Feedback is available on your individual assignments.
We will continue using Remind, my blog, Teams, and our Office 365 Class Notebook to interact and submit assignments. Please see the links to the right for help logging into Office 365 from home, Vocab resources, and under Tech Links you will find quick links to NoRedInk and Audible.
This Week’s Assignment Checklist:
- Practice Adulting: cook a meal, do the laundry, mow the lawn, work on transition goals…learn to do something new that will help you when you live on your own!
- Vocab Unit 20: Visual Representation (you will have two weeks to complete this assignment)
- Independent Novel: Complete the “Film Study Worksheet” found in our class notebook and share with me or post in your assignment section in the class notebook
- Discussion Post Week 5 (post your response in our “collaboration” section of our class notebook)
** See below for directions. All handouts are in our Office 365 class notebook.
Independent novel Studies: (all handout our in the class notebook content library)
- Watch the film adaptation of your novel.
- Complete the “Film Study Worksheet” to help you prepare for your Novel-Film Analysis essay.
- Share with me or post in your assignment section in the class notebook
Class Discussion Post: Week 5
- We will continue our discussion post this week. Think of this as your journal and our class discussion mixed into one! You will respond to the question with at least 5 sentences. You will find the question and place to respond in our “collaboration” section of our class notebook. Be sure to respond to a peer’s post as well.
Vocabulary Unit 20:
- Time to let the creative juices flow. Create visual representations for all 12 of your words using any medium you would like. You can draw them on one sheet or individual sheets, create a PPT with images from the web, or take photographs with your phone. Just be sure to include the word with your image. I am planning 2 weeks for this assignment, so be creative and thoughtful in how you want to represent the word and your process.