Use the following to help you create your final presentations. Groups will be listed below.
Through your research, you will need to address the following:
- Examine historical factors affecting the immigration of your ethnic group (briefly)
- Describe the impact of your ethnic group on the political, economic, social, and cultural life of the United States
- Examine the contributions of your ethnic group has made to the United States
- Examine the influences that your ethnic group has had on the historical development of the United States
- Identify individuals and their contributions in areas of endeavors (e.g. inventors, scientists, and educators)
- Identify any areas of discrimination and how the issue was resolved (Identify the origin and nature of problems of your ethnic group in the United States)
Individually, you need to research the above points and take detailed notes. Remember to cite your sources. After a few days of research, you will get together to discuss the information you discovered and collaborate on how to effectively present your findings to the class.
However, all students must participate and be actively working. If you cannot be actively working toward helping your group succeed, an alternate assignment will be given to you.
JEWISH AMERICANS: Thurman, Zion, Arriona
ITALIAN AMERICAN: Patricia, Keelin, Tyriek
IRISH AMERICAN: Brittney, Brandon, Shaylon
ME/ ARAB AMERICANS: Kira, Sebastian, Zealeeyah
MEXICAN AMERICAN: Chase, Ben, Shanice
CHINESE AMERICAN: Mary, Maggie, Madison
INDIAN AMERICAN: Blessing, Sara, Malayna
PUERTO RICAN AMERICAN: Taj, Ashley, Jymani
POLISH AND GERMAN AMERICAN: Endrias, Xavion, Abby, Lorenz
JAPANESE AMERICAN: Nick, Ranen, Michael
SUDANESE AMERICAN: Kholeigh