HAPPY EARLY RELEASE DAY!
- Royal Colony Quiz- you may use your sketch notes to complete!
- Pick up NEW set of Teacher Notes on the American Revolution: American Revolution Teacher Notes 2017-29mct1f
- Begin working on guided questions or study for vocab quiz
HW: Study Vocab Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/233285983/american-revolution-vocab-flash-cards/?new OR Work on Guided Questions for HW Check #1 (see below)
Vocab Quiz – Mon. 10/23
HW Check #1 – Wed. 10/25 (over the first 8 sections of your Teacher Notes)
HW Check #2 – Fri. 10/27 (over remaining 3 sections)
Guided Questions for HW Check #1:
1. Why did Georgia play a relatively minor role in the American Revolution?
2. The French and Indian War was a conflict between France and England for control of what?
3. Due to economic cost of the war, there were two important events that led to the Revolution. What were they?
4. Why was the Proclamation of 1763 issued?
5. Why were the colonists so upset by it?
6. After the French and Indian War, what began happening to the colonists for the first time that would eventually lead to protests throughout the colony?
7. Give 2 examples of how people in the colonies reacted to the Stamp Act:
8. Why was reaction to the Stamp Act not as violent as it was in other colonies?
9. Who drafted the Declaration of Independence?
10. What part of the Declaration includes the famous line, “all men are created equal”?
11. What can be found in the second part of the Declaration? The final part?
12. Of the 3 men from Georgia who signed the Declaration of independence, which one was instrumental in the founding of UGA?
13. Which one was served as governor, a Chief Justice on the Georgia Supreme Court, and a US Senator?
14. Whose signature is highly sought after since he died so young and there are few documents with his signature today?
15. What 3 Georgia counties are named after the men who signed the Declaration?
- Begin rSKills assessment for Workshop 7 – this will be the first grade for Quarter 2!
- You will complete this tmrrw if you do not finish today!
Reminder – Reading Novel Quiz due by 11/10!