The Fall Book Fair is Coming !!!!
The Nickajack Learning Commons and the Nickajack PTA are proud and excited to sponsor our fall book fair with our new partner Bedford Falls Book Fairs.
When: 11/13 – 11/17
Where: Nickajack Learning Commons
Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
A successful fair needs lots of volunteers and plastic grocery bags. Click the link below to sign up to work at the fair and send in your plastic bags to the Learning Commons.
Gift Certificates for teachers
*Any dollar amount
*Cash or check only – payable to Nickajack Media Center
*We will deliver to your teacher
*For sale in Learning Commons until Wednesday 11/15
Students may shop during the school day – Fair will be open before/during/after Friends and Family luncheon – Open till 6:00 p.m. on Thursday – Closing early (12:00 p.m. ) on Friday.
If you have any questions and/or questions please feel free to contact me.
Nickajack’s annual Friends and Family Luncheon is coming soon. 1st grade’s day is November 14th. Our lunch time will change for this event. Will be go to lunch from 11:23am to 12:03pm. Below is a list of the dates for each grade level as well as the menu and price for the luncheon. There will be an opportunity to take photos during the lunch. An order form along with more detailed information will go home next week. We look forward to seeing you all there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Our field trip to Sleepy Hollow is tomorrow and below is a list of important information.
- Please send your student to school with the appropriate attire to be outside and running around. (tennis shoes, jeans, jacket if needed). It will be cold and wet tomorrow. The students will put on their tie dye shirts upon arrival and I will collect their shirts before dismissal.
- Please make sure to have a lunch for your child ready to come to school if you indicated so on the field trip permission form; please make sure it is in a plastic bag, or brown paper bag. We cannot have lunch boxes or water bottles. ALL ITEMS MUST BE DISPOSABLE!!
- Lastly, please make sure all students are on time for school this day. We would hate to leave someone behind!
- Assigned chaperons can either come to the school and follow the buses to Sleepy Hollow or either meet us at Sleepy Hollow between 9:45am and 10:00am. I can give you three ladies a call when the buses leave the school. It will take us 30 minutes to get to Sleepy Hollow from the school.
- All 3 chaperons must pay their money at the school before leaving for the field trip.
Tomorrow will be AWESOME!!
We love to celebrate birthdays in our class. Here are a few reminders as to our policy and procedures regarding birthday treats and birthday invitations.
- Birthday treats are ONLY distributed during lunch (10:51am), by the parent/guest of the birthday student.
- Birthday treats are limited to 1 per student.
- No outside meals are allowed to serve as a treat unless it is a cupcake, donut, ice cream cup, cake, etc.
- Birthday treats can only be distributed after the students have been given 5-10 minutes to eat their lunch.
- Please remember to coordinate a date with Ms. Butler, at least a week in advance.
- Birthday invitations are amazing but have become a distraction. The county policy states that each child from the class has to be invited in order to send in invitations but I strongly encourage parents to handle birthday invitations outside of the school environment.
I truly apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may cause but thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact me.
As we enter our 2nd nine weeks, we will begin our mystery reader visits. The mystery reader days will be on Thursdays right before lunch. The sign-up will be 10:20am-10:45am. We go to lunch at 10:51am. I look forward to seeing you.
Below is the link to Sign-up Genius.
In lieu of ordering class t-shirts, the class will create their own. We will be using tie dye to design the shirts. Each 1st grade class will have a different color scheme and ours will be lime green and turquoise. These shirts will be worn on class field trips as well as other special events throughout the year. We are asking parents to send in a solid white t-shirt before Tuesday, October 17th. The entire 1st grade team will host a “Tie Dye Party” where each student will get to tie dye their t-shirt.
Please make sure that the t-shirt you send in is NOT a thin undershirt because these tend not to hold the dye very well and the t-shirt must NOT be a tank top of any sort. I will be keeping these shirts throughout the school year. So for our upcoming field trip, I will distribute the t-shirts upon arrival and I will collect them prior to dismissal. The shirts will be washed and housed at the school until the end of the year. I am aware that some students may have allergies to some washing powders, so this is a concern that can be discussed at a later time.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, feel free to contact me. Thank you for your support.