Above: Christopher Columbus encounters natives in the New World in 1492.
SOCIAL STUDIES – Crull and Leonard
- Study Vocabulary List #12. Test is 5/2/18. Study Stack – Vocabulary List #12 and Quizlet – Vocabulary List #12.
- Here are the Quizlet List 12 visual flash/matching cards: Vocabulary 12 Quizlet flash cards-2lp0w46 PRINT AND STUDY!!
- SLO is 5/11/18. Begin reviewing your notebook and standards, and decide what you feel good about, and what needs more review or help!
BONUS: What were the names of the 3 ships that sailed in Christopher Columbus’ 1492 voyage to the Americas? See Mrs. Carter with the correct answer.
LANGUAGE ARTS – Leonard
HW: Membean and review vocabulary for our short story, “The Treasure of Lemon Brown”.
- Personification – is figurative language that gives human characteristics to an animal or nonliving thing. For example, “…the beam of the flashlight danced crazily…”
- Mood – a person’s overall state of mind; the way a person is feeling at a given time
- Stoop – stairway entrance outside of an urban residence
- Suspense – a nervous or excited feeling of uncertainty
- Await – to wait for
- Tenement – house or apartment building in an urban area
- Squint – to partly close eyes to make it easier to focus on something
- Peer – to look curiously or carefully at something
- Commence – begin, start
- Bash – hit with force
- Curb – raised cement border on the edge of a street