Hello! I am so excited for the 2016- 2017 school year! On this blog you will find many helpful links and weekly updates about our kindergarten learning in room 106! Here is a quick run down of what you will find on each page:
If you have any questions before school starts feel free to email me: [email protected]
I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break. I spent the entire week entertaining family- I think I need a vacation to recover from my vacation!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR THIS WEEK:
- Phonics: We will study the blends ‘gl’ as in glue and ‘sl’ as in slide.
- Shared Reading: We will learn the poem “Little Ole Elf”
- Math: We will practice our +1 and -1 math facts within 10.
- Science: We will learn about the day and night sky and the objects we can see in the day and at night.
- Writing: We will delve deeper into our story writing. It has been challenging and exciting to tell stories across several pages instead of just one idea on a single page.
- Read Aloud: We will read the story Peter’s Chair.
- Guided Reading: We will meet some of our ‘reading friends’ (like chunky monkey and flippy the dolphin) that help us solve tricky words.
- If you haven’t gotten a chance to wash and return your child’s rest mat please do so by the end of the week. We are no longer resting everyday, but we still use our mats from time to time.
- Mrs. Bernier will visit us for a lesson on Tuesday.
- We will return and check out books in the media center on Wednesday.
- We will visit Mrs. Coger in the computer lab on Thursday.
- Our family project- the holiday posters are due on Friday- if you forgot the directions or need another piece of large construction paper just let me know.
- Our last Scholastic Book Club order for 2015 will be submitted on December 9th in order to receive the books before the break. The holiday catalogs will be sent home tomorrow. Books are a great present for everyone!
- Friday is Sparkles Skate Center Spirit Night.
- Next week brings the Holiday Shoppe- we will shop on Tuesday December 8th from 8:25 to 8:45. We will have 5th grade buddies to help us with our shopping.
- December is a busy month! Here are the following events to make note of:
- December 10th- Cookie Making (11:30-12:30).
- December 11th- Cookie Bakery (Families are invited to ‘shop’ from 8:00- 8:30).
- December 15th- Gingerbread Centers (holiday party) 9:30-11.
- December 16th- Holiday Sing- Kindergarten students are asked to wear a brown or tan colored top.
- December 18th- Polar Express Day- Kindergarten students come to school in their pajamas.