- Vocabulary journal 3 is due on Tuesday, 10/24 (an extension because we have so much going on this week)
- Analytical Essay (Feminist Criticism) due on Wednesday, 10/18 (after two lab days)
- Research rough draft is due on Friday, 10/20 (after two lab days) read this before you write-2babpd9
Monday – Tuesday, 10/16-10/17:
- Grammar Warmup
- EA2 – Feminist Critical Perspective – Read “The Story of an Hour,” and “The Chaser” – Work in lab 113 to compose analytical essay – due on Wednesday!
Learning Goals and Standards: Trace a series of ideas in a complex text in order to explain how an author develops an argument. ELAGSE11-12RI7: Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words in order to address a question or solve a problem.
- Grammar Warmup
- Analytical Essay due today
- Go over requirements for research literary analysis outline/rough draft
- See the checklist and how points will be deducted
- In lab 113 – Literary Analysis Research Paper Outline/Rough Draft – due by end of lab time on Friday!
LG’s for Research: Compose outline/rough draft including both primary and secondary quotes with effective lead-ins/outs. Identify evidence of literary techniques and structures as a basis for interpreting my research novel: CEI = Claim, Evidence, Interpretation. Standards: ELAGSE11-12RL2: Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text. ELAGSE11-12RL10: Read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, independently and proficiently.