- In class activities with our study of Macbeth
Monday – Thursday, 10/29-11/2:
- Continue reading/analyzing The Tragedy of Macbeth
- Gather textual evidence for Macbeth as tragic hero, archetypes, motifs and imagery as we read (quadrants)
- How is The Tragedy of Macbeth relevant to our lives today?
- After reading/viewing King Duncan’s murder at the hands of Macbeth – Guilt activities (artwork, song lyrics, informational texts = relevance)
Learning Goals: The Tragedy of Macbeth: Analyze the behaviors and values of the Elizabethan time period. Identify evidence of literary techniques and structures to interpret the literature. Evaluate the community of Elizabethan England and compare/contrast with the Anglo-Saxon and Medieval communities. Analyze the historical connection to King James. Recognize and identify archetypes and motifs. Provide textual evidence for Macbeth as a tragic hero. (ELAGSE12RL1; ELAGSE12RL2;ELAGSE12RL3; ELAGSE12RL4; ELAGSE12RL5; ELAGSE12RL6)