Grendel’s Perspective Narrative – due on Tuesday, 8/28
Argumentative Photo Essay – due on TBD
Argument/Claim for Research Project – due on Wednesday, 9/5
- Vocabulary Unit 2 Introduction + Choosing the Right Word
- Continue with SB activities – Perspectives: 1.6; 1.7; 1.11
- Review EA1 and go over rubric and requirements
- See student samples of photo essays
Learning Goals: Consider perspectives and how personal experiences create interpretations of events in a text. Standards: ELAGSE11-12RL2: Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text. ELAGSE11-12RL10: By the end of grade 12, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, in the grades 11-12 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
- Vocab Unit 2 – Synonyms/Antonyms; 1-10 Completing the Sentence
- Share Grendel Perspective Narratives
Wednesday, 8/29 – Early Release Day:
- Read from Grendel – How do your narratives compare to Gardner’s Grendel perspective?
Thursday – Friday, 8/30-31:
- Vocab Unit 2 – 11-20 Completing the Sentence
- Using the IPads – Partners optional – Work on Argumentative Photo Essay – due date TBD