Thursday, 9/6 – Thesis/Claim Statement due for Research Paper
Monday, 9/10 – Present Argumentative Photo Essays
- In lab 208 – 45 minutes Seniors meet with counselors
- In lab 208 – Finish argumentative photo essays with rationales
Wednesday – Thursday, 9/5-9/6:
- In the Media Center (Learning Commons) to develop thesis/claim statements for research. – Due by end of class on Thursday, 9/6
- Reading Day – novel for research
- Independent Reading – LG’s for Research: Read/analyze to incorporate primary source quotes and begin to develop support for the argument for my paper. Identify evidence of literary techniques and structures as a basis for interpreting my research novel: CEI = Claim, Evidence, Interpretation. Standards: ELAGSE11-12RL2: Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text. ELAGSE11-12RL10: Read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, independently and proficiently.