Welcome to week 3 of Distance Learning! This week is all about you working on your research papers to be turned in on Friday, 4/3 by midnight. You will email your 3 page paper and works cited page (works cited will be page 4) to me according to the above mentioned time requirement. If you miss that deadline, it is automatically 10 pts off for each day it is late. You have been working on this process since January, and you have all of the tools in your box to finish the paper. I am going to re-post the “read this before you write” PPT at the end of this blog. Make sure you read that for example intro paragraphs, body paragraphs, citations, etc. Your paper must be in MLA format: Double spaced, 12 point font, times new roman.
Some tips for your paper which are on the rubric in your research packet (aka Brit Lit Bible):
- You are required to use 3 vocabulary words, BUT you move up on the rubric if you use more than 3 from any unit. Just use 4! 🙂
- You are required to quote from 3 different secondary sources, BUT you move up on the rubric if you include just one more secondary quote, and it can be another quote from the three secondary sources you already have. Remember, you turned in 6 secondary quote cards!
- Each body paragraph should have primary quote(s), and secondary quote(s) which support the primary quote(s).
- Your thesis statement should be the last sentence of your introductory paragraph.
- Your first sentence of your body paragraphs should link to your thesis statement, and the analysis and quotes (primary and secondary) should support your topic sentence.
- I am not requiring daily assignments this week, so please pace yourself in order to finish this semester long process/research paper.
- REMEMBER: This is NOT a book report, and your thesis statements were approved ensuring this. This is literary analysis!
As always, I am reachable through remind, text, and email. The blog will not change daily, but I will send reminders all week to make sure you are prioritizing this paper. Here’s the re-post of the PPT:
I am grading your Macbeth tests this week while you are working on your research papers.
I love you and miss you! We got this! 🙂