Thank you for visiting Ms. Fites’ blog!
FOR WEEKLY UPDATES: Follow me on Twitter/Instagram @msfites, or on Remind!
The tabs above will take you to your class’ posts. Each week, I will post the scheduled assignments and topics of review, as well as homework assignment names, helpful videos/websites, and quiz/test dates. These schedules may change from time to time, but I will do my best to keep the blog updated for your convenience.
Parents are always asking how they can donate into our specific classrooms, so please know that the following items are always needed and welcomed:
Dry Erase Markers
Color Copy Paper
Additionally, I often use Teachers Pay Teachers for new and inventive lesson ideas/review games, and these lessons are made by teachers for other teachers. Gift-cards are available for purchase on this website, and can be emailed directly to the teacher of your choice.
Thank you for your support this year, as well as your donations!!
Here are a few helpful links for your information:
Algebra Code – @fitesalg
Math 8 Code – @fitesmath8
**Student logins are:
Username: 365 username (firstname.lastname)
Password: Same as computer password at school
iRespond Web App
WHO ARE WE?
The Griffin Foundation is a non-profit organization formed for the sole purpose of raising funds beyond those currently provided by the Cobb County School District to fund elements of education such as technology enhancements, supplemental enriched curriculum, student services, additional faculty and capital improvements.
WHAT HAVE WE FUNDED THE PAST 4 YEARS?
- Awarded over $30,000 in Teacher Grants, providing additional resources and tools in the classrooms, including this past year: iPads & Kindles, Media Cart & books in Learning Commons, tuners and metronomes for Band & Orchestra
- Repainting/refurbishing of the theater; printers for all computer labs
- Headphones for all computers; picnic tables in the Memorial Garden
- Created an annual Legacy Award for two students who have achieved personal growth through perseverance
WHAT DO WE PLAN TO FUND?
- Outdoor Learning: a GMS Nature Trail, and refurbishing of Outdoor Classroom
- Annual Teacher/Classroom Grant program
- Continue technology expansion: classroom sets of laptops with cart
HOW DO WE RAISE MONEY?
- Capital Campaign: Give 2 Griffin (Fall)
- Haunted House (October)
- Student Lock – In (Winter)
HOW CAN YOU HELP OR GET INVOLVED?
- Donate to the campaign
- Volunteer to help with any of our events
- Sponsorship from your business
- Contact Nicola Bradburn Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make a contribution to the Griffin Foundation, please click the yellow DONATE (Pay Pal) button on our GMS homepage: www.cobbk12.org/griffin/ or use the QR Code below:
The Foundation’s Give 2 Griffin Annual Fund (G2G) is slightly over half-way toward its goal of $32,500 which will enable the organization to purchase a laptop cart and 30 laptops for our students to utilize in their ELA class and for standardized testing. They also plan to purchase 52 iPad tubs to help us store, charge and transport iPads easily. Scanning the QR code will enable you to make a donation in any amount and either a one-time contribution or monthly. Additionally, you can select a Foundation program to donate towards – the G2G Annual Fund for the laptops and iPad tubs; the Outdoor Classroom Development or the Barbara Quarles Scholarship Fund. Donations are tax-exempt.