Thank you for visiting Ms. Fites’ blog!
FOR DAILY UPDATES: Follow me on Twitter! @msfites
The tabs above will take you to your class’ posts. Each week, I will post the scheduled assignments and topics of review, as well as homework assignment names, helpful videos/websites, and quiz/test dates. These schedules may change from time to time, but I will do my best to keep the blog updated for your convenience.
Parents are always asking how they can donate into our specific classrooms, so please know that the following items are always needed and welcomed:
Dry Erase Markers
Additionally, teachers often use TeachersPayTeachers for new and inventive lesson ideas/review games. Gift-cards are available for purchase on this website, and can be emailed directly to the recipient of your choice.
Thank you for your support this year, as well as your donations!!
Here are a few helpful links for your information:
(Your username and password are your lunch number, and the school is cobbgms)
McGraw-Hill Online Workbook
In case you were not yet aware, there is a student log-in** for the online textbook.
Please visit http://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do
**Student logins are:
Username: 365 username (first.last)
Password: same as computer password at school
WHO ARE WE?
The Griffin Foundation is a non-profit organization formed for the sole purpose of raising funds beyond those currently provided by the Cobb County School District to fund elements of education such as technology enhancements, supplemental enriched curriculum, student services, additional faculty and capital improvements.
WHAT HAVE WE FUNDED THE PAST 4 YEARS?
- Awarded over $30,000 in Teacher Grants, providing additional resources and tools in the classrooms, including this past year: iPads & Kindles, Media Cart & books in Learning Commons, tuners and metronomes for Band & Orchestra
- Repainting/refurbishing of the theater; printers for all computer labs
- Headphones for all computers; picnic tables in the Memorial Garden
- Created an annual Legacy Award for two students who have achieved personal growth through perseverance
WHAT DO WE PLAN TO FUND?
- Outdoor Learning: a GMS Nature Trail, and refurbishing of Outdoor Classroom
- Annual Teacher/Classroom Grant program
- Continue technology expansion: classroom sets of laptops with cart
HOW DO WE RAISE MONEY?
- Capital Campaign: Give 2 Griffin (Fall)
- Haunted House (October)
- Student Lock – In (Winter)
HOW CAN YOU HELP OR GET INVOLVED?
- Donate to the campaign
- Volunteer to help with any of our events
- Sponsorship from your business
- Contact Kim Trumble at kim.Trumble1@gmail.com for more information
If you would like to make a contribution to the Griffin Foundation, please click the yellow DONATE (Pay Pal) button on our GMS homepage: www.cobbk12.org/griffin/