August is a big month in the Library Learning Commons. All classes went through Orientation last week, and training on Biblionasium continues into this week for third, fourth and fifth graders. The Summer Reading Program was extended and finally ended on Friday, August 19. We are currently collecting names and getting ready to order rewards and publish our participants. Kindergarteners, first and second graders will hear a story, learn more about how to pick a right-fit book, and check out another round of books. Please check with your child’s homeroom teacher to find out which day of the week is Library Day.
The Kincaid Foundation is kicking off the school-wide Family Investment Campaign this week. All donations go directly to our school and classrooms. Last year, funds donated were used to purchase an ipad cart for the school and books for classroom libraries. This year, Kincaid will get a new laptop cart (30 laptops!) and ipads for every classroom. In addition, the Foundation is funding reading and writing resource for teachers and Raz Kids for our primary students.
Every donation is important! The goal is to get 100% family participation, so even if your family is unable to donate the suggested amount, please send in a one time donation that works for your family. You can also donate online at https://kincaidfoundation.org/donation/familyinvestment/.
We greatly appreciate your support of Kincaid!
Summer reading is through as of Friday, August 16. Thank you to everyone that participated. Prizes and certificates will go home before the end of August.
The summer reading deadline is extended to Friday, August 16, 2019. Get your minutes logged into Biblionasium or send us a handwritten paper copy of your minutes or titles list. We will hand out prizes and certificates before the month of August is over.
There are system-wide issues for families trying to log into Biblionasium from home. The head of media is aware, and they are troubleshooting.
If parents need to log in by Friday, you can fill out one of these forms and send it in to Mrs. Perisino.
We will extend the deadline if Biblionasium is not fixed by Thursday morning.
Thank you for your patience!
The 2019 Summer Reading Program is coming to a close! Your child could have participated in two ways, on the Internet and on paper. If you chose the paper route, please send your child’s reading log to school before the end of day Friday, August 9. Their homeroom teacher will make sure it gets to the library.
If you chose to log the reading on Biblionasium here are the instructions:
- Visit www.biblionasium.com and choose “Log in With Destiny.”
- If prompted, enter the state of Georgia and Kincaid Elementary.
- Students use their student ID number for the login and password. It’s the same as their computer login and library number.
- Students add books to their Biblionasium Bookshelf and then log minutes in the Reading Log.
Either way, we are going to recognize and celebrate your summer reader! Prizes, rewards, and certificates will be delivered by the 1st of September.
We are so excited to see you this year! Reading is going to be so much fun! New challenges are coming! Stay tuned!
This is a series about ninja librarians! Mrs. P is going to read this because it has serious cos-play potential!
Grade designations are reflective of the 2018-2019 school year. We are moving rising 6th graders to their own list below as their minutes will not count for Kincaid Elementary after July 1st.
- Joshua I.- 19 hours and 52 minutes, 4th
- Avery G.- 19 hours and 50 minutes, 1st
- Rohan R.- 15 hours and 12 minutes, 3rd
- Christopher P.- 10 hours and 30 minutes, 1st
- Jonas S.- 7 hours and 50 minutes, 2nd
- Holden P.- 5 hours and 49 minutes, 1st
- Raani S.- 5 hours and 20 minutes, 3rd
- Finnegan W.- 4 hours and 30 minutes, 4th
- Xander F., 2 hours and 20 minutes, 1st
- Caden L.- 2 hours and 16 minutes, 3rd
- Lucy D. 2 hours and 1 minute, K
- Tennesee J.- 1 hour and 50 minutes, 2nd
- Anabelle D.- 1 hour and 35 minutes, K
- Katelynn S.- 1 hour and 26 minutes, 2nd
- Matthew H., 1 hour and 10 minutes, 1st
- Noah K.- 55 minutes, 2nd
- Bryson K.- 50 minutes, 3rd
- Gerry K.-49 minutes, 4th
- Michael H.- 40 minutes, 4th
- Hannah H.- 36 minutes, 2nd
- Alex M., 30 minutes, 4th
- Quinn Mc., 20 minutes, 3rd
5th Graders will gradually be rolled up to 6th Grade in our electronic system and we will not be able to see their reading records. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will place a * before their name when this happens. Rising 6th Graders can see the summer reading requirements for their middle school here.
- Linley E.W.- 21 hours 41 minutes, 5th
- Lauren K.- 12 hours and 7 minutes, 5th
- Cailin B.-4 hours and 30 minutes, 5th
- Jack D., 2 hours, 5th
- *Emily B.- 20 minutes, 5th