Can’t make it in to shop the school book fair? Don’t see what you wanted in stock? Grandparents want to buy holiday gifts? Students will be bringing home wish lists, and you can shop online until Sunday, October 22. Go to scholastic.com/bf/kincaidelementaryschool
Orders will be shipped to school and delivered to your child after October 22.
Join us for these fun events:
- Dress Like a Cowboy/Girl
- Donuts with Dudes at Dawn 7:15-8:30 AM Have breakfast and shop at the crack of dawn!
Tuesday, October 17
- Grub at the Hub- Eat lunch with your child and shop afterwards (following an early release lunch schedule)
Wednesday, October 18
- Late Hours – 12:30-6:00 PM
REMEMBER- Sales to students start Monday. Families can shop during parent/teacher conferences.
Last year the PTA book fair funded a set of Harry Potters for each third, fourth, and fifth grade class. This fall, we already had enough profit from the spring book fair to place a set of books in each kindergarten, first and second grade classroom. Kindergarteners will see new Mo Willem’s Pigeon books. First grade classes get copies of. Second grade gets new sets of Junie B. Jones. Thanks to all of our families for supporting the PTA book fair.
On August 21, 2017, millions of viewers across the United States will see a total eclipse of the Sun. The Moon completely blocks the Sun, daytime becomes a twilight, and the Sun’s rays shimmer in the darkened sky. Here are resources to help you prepare for and view this celestial event.
- Cobb County School District Eclipse 2017 Parent Information
- Eclipse 2017 at NASA
- Solar Eclipse at the National Weather Service
- The Solar Eclipse @ the Cobb County Public Library
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 NASA Resources for Informal Education– comprehensive list
- The Great American Eclipse website
See it Safely
Begins: Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 1:05 pm Countdown
Maximum: Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Ends: Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 4:01 pm
At Kincaid Elementary, we use Accelerated Reader (AR) as a component of our reading instruction. AR is a computer program that helps teachers and librarians manage and monitor students’ independent reading practice. Students pick a book at his/her own level, read at a comfortable pace, and take a short quiz on the computer. Teachers are able to use the data from the quiz scores to personalize a student’s reading selections and literacy program.
AR offers a special feature for families called Renaissance Home Connect. Renaissance Home Connect is a fun, easy-to-use, web-based interface that allows your child and you to share in the experience by viewing progress in AR. There are two options for accessing Home Connect:
- Your child can view AR from home. He/she uses the same username and password used to access AR in the classroom to log into https://hosted237.renlearn.com/49331/homeconnect/ If you click Email Setup, you can tell the program to send you emails showing your child’s quiz or test results. At this time, students may not take AR tests from home.
- You can request a parent account by emailing Mrs. Perisino at [email protected]. In the parent account, you can:
- See several children under one parent
- View a snapshot of your children’s Accelerated Reader progress (average percent correct on quizzes, number of points earned, and results on the last quiz)
- View all the Accelerated Reader quizzes their child has taken
- Have the option to receive email notifications in English or Spanish when their child has completed an Accelerated Reader Quiz
Don’t forget to check for tests on the books in your home libraries at the ARBookfind website!
The Cobb Digital Library at Mackinvia is the online library resource for Lindsey Commons users. The digital library is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. If you haven’t visited before, stop by the Commons or the Parent Page on this site to find out how to log in. We have made a few updates and additions to the Groups section. It should help you find exactly what you need for reading and research. And, we will be adding new eBooks and Audiobooks this year! Stay tuned! Continue reading