We are adding a link to a new resource- Check123- in Mackinvia in the Videos and Sounds file. It is a cool free video encyclopedia website! What’s cool about it:
- You can view the videos on the site without logging in.
- There is no advertising like YouTube.
- Most of the videos are under 3 ½ minutes and have been curated by experts.
- Educators can sign up for a free account and collect videos into Lessons to share out.
The Kincaid Learning Commons has a free 3-month subscription to Scholastic Go that you can use. The address to the site is:
Ask Mrs. Perisino in the commons or your child’s teacher for the login and password.
To learn more about this resource,
- Watch this video:
- Visit the website http://www.scholastic.com/digital/go.htm
- Read the brochure http://www.scholastic.com/digital/resources/marketing/GO/ScholasticGO-2017.pdf
- Let the kids play around with it 😉
February is Black History Month, a time when communities and schools give special attention to learning about the contributions and history of African Americans in the United States. The 2018 theme is “African Americans in Times of War” Check out these resources to learn more about this month-long celebration.
- African American History Month at the Library of Congress
- Black History Month at History.com
- Black History Month as reported by Scholastic Kids Press Corps at Scholastic.com
- Black History Month Resources at Reading Rockets.org
- Black History Month Trivia Game
- African American World for Kids at PBS.org
Download the FREE MackinVIA Reader App to access your collection on any of these devices.
|Kindle tablet||Nook tablet||Chromebook|
To start enjoying eBooks, audiobooks and databases through the
MackinVIA Reader App, use your Backpack account. If you are on your own device, go to Login and use your student ID as the login and password! Stay tuned for what your Backpack can do for you!
After every break, library books are due. Please bring in your books and send them to the library so we can clear your account and you can have new ones! Thanks so much!
School starts back tomorrow, January 5th. All student library books are due the first time they visit the library. Students with overdue books will have to wait to checkout.
On January 8, 2018, the GALILEO password will change and remain the same until the end of the school year. Please see Mrs. Perisino or Miss Leslie for the new password or find it on the Lindsey Commons News Board. Or just log into the Cobb Digital Library with your student ID # for easier access.
If you have never checked out GALILEOKids at http://www.galileo.usg.edu/kids, we recommend it for all Kincaid elementary students as a source for research and homework help!