My first personal reading goal for 2019-2020 is to read more at school. This may sound like a weird reading goal for a LIBRARIAN, but I am so busy running around fixing things and teaching that I rarely stop to read. I read a lot at home of course, but that’s boring grown-up stuff.
My second personal reading goal for 2019-2020 is to read 6 chapter books and 6 picture books for the year. I need to be reading more of these books because they are AWESOME and technically it is my job!
I’ll update this as the year goes along. June and July don’t count towards my goal! That would be cheating!
For the month of June, 2019
I am starting
- Artemis Fowl, Book 1 by Eion Colfer (because the movie is coming out!)
- The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand by Jen Downey (because NINJAS, what else?)
- Don’t Squish the Sasquatch by Kent Redeker and Bob Staake (One word- Sasquatch)
- XO, OX: A Love Story by Scott Campbell (a romance story between a gazelle and an ox that doesn’t go so well)
For the month of July, 2019
- My Diary from the Edge of the World by Jodi Lynn Anderson (I always like diary form books.)