Additional digital resources:
Lunch Doodle with Mo Willems-The award-winning author is hosting a workshop for kids every day beginning at 1pm. Children can draw, doodle, and experiment with story-telling! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90fLxaBCGE&list=PL14hRqd0PELGbKihHuTqx_pbvCLqGbOkF&index=2&t=0s
Children’s book author and illustrator Debbie Ridpath Ohi has created a YouTube page filled with resources, activities, and read alouds for younger students. She often combines a read aloud with a guided drawing activity! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TU9mzzdqfQ&list=PL9R5ehmf5_kG1RuOgYtScQzXIXqpki4YD
Fun recipes for your kids to try cooking in the kitchen! https://www.americastestkitchen.com/articles/2253-kitchen-classroom-week-1
Digital and educational games for your student! https://www.breakoutedu.com/funathome
Highlights for Kids website has tons of ways to play, read, and craft with your student. They have matching games, art activities, animated stories and science experiments and tons more! https://www.highlightskids.com/
A good way to start your day off with a calendar that will tell you what happened in history today, the weather, the moon phase and also has a question of the day and joke of the week, check out The Old Farmer’s Almanac Kids. https://www.almanac.com/kid
Teasley families – As you know, all field trips were canceled through the end of the school year. If you have paid for a field trip, we are able to issue you a refund once we have returned to school. Some of you may choose to donate your funds to the school. These funds would be used to support a family in need or to purchase supplies for the classroom or for students. If you would like to donate your funds, please complete this FIELD TRIP FORM. If you have questions, please reach out to our bookkeeper, Becky Gibson: Becky.Gibson@cobbk12.org. Thank you so much.
Subtraction Musical chairs
Green Eggs and Ham!
Walking Water experiment showing that water can move
Our March door
Celebrating Sr Seuss with some Cat in the Hat whiskers
- Look for a paper to come home this week about learning addresses.
- Spring pictures: students may wear their own choice of clothes but we do ask that they dress nicely: and school appropriately
- 3/11- Early release 12:30
- 3/12 Spring Picture Day: nice dress down clothes
- 3/13 Library and check out
- 3/13 Show and Tell: student’s choice but be able to tell if it is living or nonliving and why.
- 3/20 Breakfast with buddies- no more than 2 adults per child
IB Unit 5: Sharing the planet: Living and Nonliving
- Non fiction texts: what is living or non living, Non fiction text about living rabbits, Snufflebunny: nonliving stuffed bunny
- Phonics: reviewing blends
- Sight words: List C- students should recognize 50 sight words by the end of 3rd quarter)- way, how, your. We have now covered lists A and B in class.
- Extend writing using phonetic spelling and sight words. We are also practicing writing sentences with transition words such as: First, next, last, finally.
- Opinion writing
- Count on from a given number- not 1
- Count to 100 by 10’s and 1’s
- Strategies for solving word problems- emphasis on subtraction
- Quarter review
Breakfast with Buddies
Parents/Guardians of Teasley K-2nd Graders,
We are excited to announce our first annual Breakfast with Buddies! Bring your coffee and enjoy a casual morning eating donuts with your child. This event will take place the morning of Friday, March 20th from 7:20-7:50 in your student’s classroom. Maximum of 2 grownups per student.
We’re wild about specials! All Kindergarten and 1st Grade students are invited to perform on March 5th at 7:00 PM for Specials Night. Your child will be learning songs in Music class and in Spanish class to share with you. If your child is interested in taking part in the performance, please click the link below and fill out the survey. All rehearsals take place during Music and Spanish class, so your child won’t have any after school or morning rehearsals. Simply sign up, and show up to perform on March 5th!
The deadline to sign up is February 28th. A confirmation email will be sent out with more details about the night after the deadline. Students who perform will wear a solid green shirt with khakis.
*Contact Ms. Harris at Collett.Harris@Cobbk12.org with any questions