Red Ribbon Week: red shirts, team shirts, hats and crazy socks.
Fall Craft Day: Fruit cup candy corn, spider cookies, Jack O’ Lantern toss, Halloween sight word bingo, pin the nose on the Jack O’ Lantern, and “at” family bat hats made for a fun morning. Thank you for all your contributions and a special thanks to our parent volunteers.
- Wednesday November 1- library
- Thursday November 2- Art Barn field trip (look for information coming home on Monday)
- Friday November 3- All Pro Dads 7 am, School tour 8:15
- Tuesday November 7th- student holiday, teacher workday
- Friday November 10th- Tiger Trot!
- Tuesday November 14th- Kindergarten Thanksgiving Lunch– please be sure to RSVP, you do not want to miss this! We will eat from 12:50-1:30, please let me know if you do not have an RSVP form.
What we are studying this week:
- Reading- story structure: character, setting, problem, solution using books about farms
- Sight Words: for, get, come, each, find
- Phonics: beginning and ending Ss, also short a word families, Show and tell: Ss or short a
- Counting to 100- assessment this Friday
- Comparing objects using measurable objects: including measuring our own pumpkins!
- American symbols: Statue of Liberty, Bald Eagle
- Begin practicing your address with your student: street, city, state, country
- Informational writing: finish our pumpkin life cycle books