Welcome back and I hope that you had a wonderful break!
- Library: Thursday 3/1
- Thursday 3/1- STEM Night– this is a great family event!
- Friday 3/2: Read across America Day. Students may come dressed as a character from a book and bring the book to school with them. These costumes need to be school appropriate and not include masks or accessories that might get lost. I will come as The Cat in the Hat, so if any students want to (or if you are not able to organize a costume) they may wear a red shirt and I will provide signs for their shirts labeled Thing 1, Thing 2 etc.
- No show and tell this week as we will be sharing about our characters and books.
- I have made a new sign up genius for class needs if you are able to contribute I appreciate your help!
This week we are learning
- All things Dr. Seuss! We will compare and contrast 4 Dr. Seuss stories.
- Phonics: We will be working on rhyming word families to go along with our Dr. Seuss books: “at”, “ed”, “am”, “op”
- Sight words: water, way, what, could
- Opinion writing
- Practicing taking 2 groups apart and putting them together to solve word problems.
- Earth: rocks, soil, air, and water
STEM Night is Thursday, March 1st from 5-7pm. Please consider volunteering for a quick shift. Visit sign-up genius- http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4ba9a822a6ff2-stem1.