1st graders came to our class to share about first grade and answer questions (yes they have snack!)
Our IB learner profile of the month : Knowledgeable.
We got to spend some time with Mrs. J’s pet bunny Bugsby.
Indoor egg hunts are still fun! Students found 18 eggs, counted, sorted, graphed and then built towers with them.
- Please remember to send in a small snack each day if you wish your child to have one.
- If your child does not have a pair of headphones at school please get them some. My extras in the classroom are almost all broken. If a child does not have headphones they won’t be able to use the Ipads or class computers.
- 4/23 Library and check out
- 4/25 Field Trip to Smith Gilbert Gardens- wear class shirts and bring lunches in disposable bags if your child is not buying from the café.
- 4/26 Show and tell – insects and spiders
- 4/26 Last All Pro Dad’s
- 4/26 School tour: 8:15
- 4/29 Teacher appreciation
- 4/30 Wades Spirit night 5pm
- 5/8 Field Day: due to space constraints, parents are only invited to come to Field Day if they are volunteering. A sign up genius will be sent out by Coach Homansky.
- 5/14 Kindergarten Awards Day- 9:10-9:40
This week we are learning:
IB Unit- Sharing Our Planet: Animals: insects and spiders
- Insssects and Spiders in fiction and non fiction,,, compare and contrast, features of spiders and insects
- Dramatic play Center: Teasley Vet
- Phonics: study of suffixes : review -s,-es, -ed,-ing;
- Sight words: would, water, way (list D)if your child already recognizes these sight words ask them to practice writing them in sentences using their phonetic spelling, for ex: We r (are) on the bot (boat).
(Students should be able to read 75 words by the end of this quarter, moving towards 100)
- Show and tell: insects, spiders (not real J)
- Earth Day: how can we help
- Spiders and insects, Eric Carle Book Study writing
- Review 2D and 3 D shape: distinguish flat and solid, compare 2D and # D shapes using sides, vertexes, similarities, compose an animal out of 2D shapes
- Addition and subtraction within 10, practicing subtraction word problems and subtraction fluency
- Word problem Friday: learning strategies to solve word problems read by the teacher.