- Thank you to our room moms for supplying the items needed for our last week of school!
- Awards Day is on Tuesday May 14- it is from 9:10-9:40. With such a short time, we will begin at 9:10 so plan to arrive in enough time to park. 1st grade parents should be leaving before we begin but parking will be tight!
- SSKG3 State the street address, city, state, and country in which the student lives: many students have already mastered this standard- let’s make it 100%
- 5/14- Awards program
- 5/15 Last library visit and all books need to be returned!
- 5/17- Kindergarten picnic to celebrate finishing our “Holiday” unit with Memorial Day and the 4th of July. Students can either bring a lunch or buy a bagged lunch from the Café. They may wear red/white/blue solid or patriotic shirts with uniform bottoms.
- 5/20- Bring bubbles and chalk (leftovers will not be returned)
- 5/21 and 5/22 early release
- 5/21- Sunglasses. Class t, favorite book to read (apply sunscreen at home)
- 5/22- Students should not bring backpacks to school, lunches should be in disposable containers.
This week we are learning:
IB Unit- How We Express Ourselves- Memorial Day, 4th of July
- Learning about Memorial Day and the 4th of July: what the holidays represent, how we celebrate them
- Sight words: there, were, which, word – We have made it to 100 words! (list D)if your child already recognizes these sight words ask them to practice writing them in sentences using their phonetic spelling, for ex: We r (are) on the bot (boat).
(Students should be able to read 75 words by the end of this quarter, moving towards 100)
- Show and tell: last one! Student choice
- Writing: post writing: informational, narrative, opinion. Writing about our holidays, completing a Kindergarten book