Comparing items that are heavier or lighter
Pajama Day (we will have another in February)
A 2nd grader who had been in my Kindergarten class earned a reward and she came to read to us!
Our reigning tic tac toe champ!
Our class holiday party will be Tuesday December 17 from 9:30-10:30. Students can wear their holiday party clothes.
Students who were absent last week can bring in their family projects to present this week.
Please remember to send in on Monday any holiday activity supplies that you signed up for. Let me know if that is a problem.
12/17: holiday party: 9:30-10:30
12/19- library visit and check out
12/20- Dress down day $1
12/19 and 12/20 early release
12/23-1/3: Winter Break
1/6- return to school!
IB Unit 6: How we express ourselves: Christmas
This week we will focus on learning about how people celebrate Christmas. On Monday and Wednesday, we will have a Christmas around the world rotation with the other kindergarten classes. Students will learn how people in the United States, Italy, Germany, Holland, and Mexico.
Is your student interested in showing off their amazing talent on stage? Auditions for the K-2nd Grade Talent Show will take place on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 after school. Please complete and return the permission slip to school by Friday, January 24th at 2:45 pm.
Please email me if your child would like to participate and I will send home a permission slip.
We will be going to the giving market on Thursday. If you have sent in money we are leaving it in the folders until Thursday. There will be an extra shopping time on Friday for any of our friends who are out sick.
“Teasley is taking another step towards being paperless and will no longer be printing report cards for students. This means that you must have access to ParentVUE to be able to view your students’ grades. If you do not yet have your ParentVUE Activation Key (which was handed out at conferences in October), please stop by the front office with your photo ID. We can provide ParentVUE Activation Keys to the parent/guardian on file. Quarter 2 ends on December 20th, so please get access to ParentVUE before that time. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with this process.”
photographs, phones, thumb, three, whale, wheels, and Nethan! Great job with show and tell
Measuring “longer and shorter than” using non standard measurement (string)
- Pajama Day is Wednesday December 11. Pajamas should be school appropriate and also suitable for playing on the playground. Students will need to bring 1$.
- Our class holiday party will be Tuesday December 17 from 9:30-10:30. Students can wear their holiday party clothes.
- 12/10: Chorus performance 6:15-8
- 12/11: Pajama Day Dress down for $1! (5th grade fundraiser)
- 12/11: Giving market visit: a letter will come home with more information
- 12/12: Library visit
- 12/12: Family Celebration projects due
- 12/17: holiday party: 9:30-10:30
- 12/19 and 12/20 early release
- 12/23-1/3: Winter Break
IB Unit 3- Where We Are in Place and Time: Family Celebrations
- For the next 2 weeks we will be comparing and contrasting families and family celebrations. This week some of our read alouds Everyone Cooks Rice and The kids family tree We are going to use several versions of The Gingerbread Man to compare and contrast stories: The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Baby, The Gingerbread Cowboy (maybe even The Gingerbread Pirate!)
- Students will share their projects about their family celebrations on Friday December 13.
- Phonics: digraphs: ch, sh
- Sight words: List B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2nd quarter)- find, down. We have now covered lists A and B in class.
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Write to tell about a family celebration, retell Gingerbread stories.
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as heavier and lighter.
- Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
- Count to 100 by 1’s and 10’s
- Writing numbers 0-20 correctly.
Here is a sign up for items that we need for our holiday activities. Please sign up if you are able to provide an item.
Also, make sure that you have signed up for ParentVUE- all report cards will be viewed through this platform beginning this quarter. You can call the front office if you have any questions about your sign up process.
Correction: our giving market is on 12/12/19!