- Our class holiday party will be Tuesday December 17 from 9:30-10:30. Parents are welcome and a sign-up genius for party supplies will be sent out.
- 12/5: Library-check out books and technology lesson
- 12/6: Show and Tell: something beginning with : wh, ph, th
- 12/6: School tour 8:15-9:30
- 12/10: Chorus performance 6:15-8
- 12/11: Pajama Day Dress down for $1! (5th grade fundraiser)
- 12/11: Giving market visit: a letter will come home with more information
- 12/17: holiday party: 9:30-10:30
- 12/19 and 12/20 early release
- 12/23-1/3: Winter Break
IB Unit 3- Where We Are in Place and Time: Families and Family Celebrations
- For the next 2 weeks we will be comparing and contrasting families and family celebrations. This week some of our read alouds are When the Relatives Came and Carla’s Sandwich. We will also read some nonfiction texts to learn more about families. The ELA concepts of compare/contrast., main idea and supporting details will be covered
- Phonics: digraphs: ch, th, ph
- Sight words: List B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2nd quarter)- has, day
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Informative writing about families and making a family tree.
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
- Count to 100 by 1’s and 10’s
- Writing numbers 0-20 correctly.