“Teasley is taking another step towards being paperless and will no longer be printing report cards for students. This means that you must have access to ParentVUE to be able to view your students’ grades. If you do not yet have your ParentVUE Activation Key (which was handed out at conferences in October), please stop by the front office with your photo ID. We can provide ParentVUE Activation Keys to the parent/guardian on file. Quarter 2 ends on December 20th, so please get access to ParentVUE before that time. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with this process.”
photographs, phones, thumb, three, whale, wheels, and Nethan! Great job with show and tell
Measuring “longer and shorter than” using non standard measurement (string)
- Pajama Day is Wednesday December 11. Pajamas should be school appropriate and also suitable for playing on the playground. Students will need to bring 1$.
- Our class holiday party will be Tuesday December 17 from 9:30-10:30. Students can wear their holiday party clothes.
- 12/10: Chorus performance 6:15-8
- 12/11: Pajama Day Dress down for $1! (5th grade fundraiser)
- 12/11: Giving market visit: a letter will come home with more information
- 12/12: Library visit
- 12/12: Family Celebration projects due
- 12/17: holiday party: 9:30-10:30
- 12/19 and 12/20 early release
- 12/23-1/3: Winter Break
IB Unit 3- Where We Are in Place and Time: Family Celebrations
- For the next 2 weeks we will be comparing and contrasting families and family celebrations. This week some of our read alouds Everyone Cooks Rice and The kids family tree We are going to use several versions of The Gingerbread Man to compare and contrast stories: The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Baby, The Gingerbread Cowboy (maybe even The Gingerbread Pirate!)
- Students will share their projects about their family celebrations on Friday December 13.
- Phonics: digraphs: ch, sh
- Sight words: List B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2nd quarter)- find, down. We have now covered lists A and B in class.
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Write to tell about a family celebration, retell Gingerbread stories.
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as heavier and lighter.
- Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
- Count to 100 by 1’s and 10’s
- Writing numbers 0-20 correctly.