finding their way back to their seats without using the sense of sight
Mr/Mrs Potato head helping us write about our senses
- We are participating in The Great Kindness Challenge. This is a fabulous opportunity for students and teachers to spread kindness! We can’t wait to see our school’s success! Please encourage your student to do as many acts of kindness as they can on their sheets! For K-2nd students completing 6/12 acts will count as completion and for 3rd-5th 20/50 acts will count as completion. Students do not need to do everything on the sheet for it to count as completion. They return the sheet this week and receive a bracelet.
- On 2/14 students may bring in Valentine Cards to exchange. We have 18 students, participation is not mandatory but I ask that if you do participate you have a card for every student. Your student can fill out the “from” section, but not write “to” specific students as this makes it harder for students to deliver their own cards. We will create Valentines Bags in class for Valentine delivery.
- 1/31: Library and check out
- 1/31 Show and tell: long a sound (has a “tail”, “play” with, “paint”, “rainbow” etc)
- 1/7 School tour 8:15
- 1/7 Hers and Heroes Dance 6-7 pm Campbell Middle School
- 1/14: Send in Valentines Cards
- 1/14: Valentines Day: pajama day: 1$
IB Unit 4: How We Organize Ourselves: U.S. Symbols
- We will spend 2 weeks investigating U.S. symbols: The Bald Eagle, Statue of Liberty, White House, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Memorial. As part of this study we will learn about Presidents Day. Students will read informational texts, watch The Berry Eagle Cam, and learn a song to help them remember the symbols.
- Phonics: “ay” and “ai” vowel team pattern
- Sight words: List C- students should recognize 50 sight words by the end of 3rd quarter)- they, who, now. We have now covered lists A and B in class.
- Extend writing using phonetic spelling and sight words.
- Informational writing about United States Symbols.
- Count on from a given number- not 1
- Finding patterns on a 100 chart
- Finding ways to take apart and make numbers to 5 using multiples strategies.