Holiday Party Fun: thank you for all of your contributions!
Hot Chocolate and The Polar Express
IB Learner profile winner for Principled.
- Kindergarten 100 Day Celebration will be on Friday January 17. Please see the letter uploaded above and also coming home on Monday about guidelines for making a 10 Day T Shirt.
- Students can wear their class field trip shirts with regular bottoms on Thursday for our Fire Safety Presentation.
- We will be making Gingerbread houses on Friday since we had so many absent during the week before Christmas Break.
- 1/9: Fire Safety presentation
- 1/10: Library visit
- 1/10: Prospective parent coffee 8:15 am
- 1/10: Rise Up
- 1/20- MLK Holiday
IB Unit 6: How We Express Ourselves: New Years
- New Year’s: students will set a goal for something that they want to work on during the second half of the year. Squirrels New Year: what is a resolution? Scholastic Weekly: New Years Celebrations Around the world and winter holidays. We will also read to compare and contrast The Hat and The Mitten.
- Phonics: introducing the silent “e”.
- Sight words: List C- students should recognize 50 sight words by the end of 3rd quarter)- her, all, into. We have now covered lists A and B in class.
- Extend writing using phonetic spelling and sight words.
- Write to tell about their holiday and their goal for the New Year.
- Count on from a given number- not 1
- Finding patterns on a 100 chart
- Finding ways to take apart and make numbers to 5. This week we will learn to use a Rekenrek