Can you believe that we have nearly made it to Fall Break? I hope you are looking forward to relaxing and spending time with family and friends next week. We will be finishing ITBS testing this week and moving into the heart of our Myth Narrative Unit.
First Quarter Language Summative on this Friday 9/21. Study guide given in class. Use your Reader Writer notebook and the online textbook to help complete it. You must have study guide completed by Friday in order to have the opportunity to retake (if needed) after Fall Break.
If you have any outstanding work (work that has not been turned in, including the Narrative Essay Summative), you must complete it this week! Come Thursday morning at 8:15.
RL.7.1. Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
RL.7.2. Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
RL.7.3. Analyze how particular elements of a story or drama interact (e.g., how setting shapes the characters or plot).
- Identify the key plot elements of conflict and climax in a myth.
- Analyze in writing how character is developed through words and actions and how character contributes to the overall theme.
- Compare and contrast character traits that lead to self-destruction in a myth.
- Analyze the relationship between character and plot and between conflict and resolution.
- Analyze and apply symbols used in mythology.
- Conduct a short research project to answer a question about Greek and Roman gods and goddesses.
- Use ideas presented in an informational text to analyze and compare creation myths.
- Create an original myth explaining a phenomenon of nature.
This Week’s Plan
Monday (Testing Schedule, periods 3 ,6, 7)
AC- answer 2,6,7
6th- answer 3,4,5
Tuesday (Testing Schedule, periods 3, 4, 5) and Wednesday (all classes)
AC- answer 2,5 and Myth Natural Phenomenon Chart (due Friday)
6th- answer 1,5
Homework (all)- Pronouns Practice Homework
Gods/Goddesses “Research” Chart
Unit Summative (have study guide completed)
“Creation Myths from Around the Globe”