We had an amazing first three days here at Frey Elementary last week! Thank you so much for sending in supplies and completed information so quickly! We focused on our AIM HIGH motto and Frey’s Big 3: Do Your Best, Be Kind, Make Good Choices. We spent time getting to know each other, learning classroom routines, and learning how to work together as a classroom community. All of the kiddos seem to be adjusting very well to second grade, as they are a precious group of kiddos. This week we will begin to learn about narrative writings, pretest for unit 1 in both reading and math, continue to learn about and practice language and math centers, and begin our study of Georgia. Students will be coming home with their first list of spelling words today. Please help them study daily. We will take our first practice pre-test on Thursday, and test on Friday if needed. As a reminder, the first week will be practice only. I had hoped to have math fluency folders ready for today, however they will not begin coming home until next Monday. M.A.G.I.C binders came home Friday. Please take time to look through them with your child. I have asked students to not remove any items from the binder with the exception of items I put in the Notes section or Graded work section. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
A few reminders…
- Please turn in any paperwork from Meet and Greet or the Cobb County folders that you have not yet returned to me.
- Send in a small snack daily. I am asking that you only send in water to drink in the classroom. Thank you for your help with this.
- Please remember to put any transportation changes in writing. If a change occurs in the middle of the day, please notify the office of the change. They will notify me.
- When sending money to school, please remember to write not only your child’s and teacher’s name on the envelope, but what the money is for. This would greatly help out our bookkeeper. Thank you!
- Make sure that your child is wearing tennis shoes to school on PE days (Tuesday & Friday).
- Read 15-20 minutes nightly.
- Practice your addition and subtraction facts to 20 daily.
Have a wanderful week!