***** Middle School 101 *****
Saturday, August 26 ~ from 10:00 am- 12:00 pm.
What is Middle School 101?
Middle School 101 is a session for parents desiring additional information about middle school procedures and expectations.
All grade levels are welcome!
***** High School Magnet School Information Session *****
Monday, September 18 at 9:30 am Floyd Middle School Theater
- Students are busy learning about the FIVE regions of Georgia and the unique physical characteristics of each.
- Students are becoming familiar with the Woodland and Mississippian American Indians that lived in Georgia nearly 400 years ago.
- Students will explore the motivations and effects of exploration and colonization of the “new World”
PLEASE SEE EDMODO FOR CONTENT RELATED INFORMATION AND RESOURCES.
As we are getting acquainted and settled into our routines this new school year here are some points of information.
HOUSEKEEPING Rules and PBIS
- Students always remember to bring your very best self to school each and every day in Standard School Attire.
- We are a Positive Behavior Intervention School and expect our students to demonstrate behavior that is RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE and SAFE at all times.
- Parents and students I always am on the look out for students committing good acts of citizenship as ambassadors of our class and Floyd – so by all means get caught being good and there are rewards in your future.
- Students will need to bring a writing utensil to class each and every day.
- For weekly class information (assignments, unit resources, etc.) always refer to Edmodo at the following link. https://www.edmodo.com/
- Parents were given “homework” (Parent Survey) to complete the first week of school. Thank You to those who returned it. It really helps me to better understand how to support you and your child.
- Please check out and sign up for Remind (our in class communication network) Check us out on the link: https://www.remind.com/join/a759b
- Keep up to date with student performance via Parent/StudentVue at the following link :https://parentvue.cobbk12.org/
2017 ~ 2018 School Year
Greetings Student and Parents,
Welcome to Georgia Studies!! We are looking forward to taking this journey through the history of this Peach State from its colonization to current trends and modernizations. Some background information on this course. Georgia Studies examines a wide variety of areas relating to the state of Georgia such as its history, geography, government and current events. In addition, this course will also touch on Georgia’s role in numerous events throughout the growth and development of this new nation, the United States.
The textbook we will be using for this course is titled “Georgia and the American Experience”. Students will be taught based on the Georgia Performance Standards for 8th Grade Social Studies and the Common Core Literacy Standards in Social Studies, which can be accessed through the link below.
Georgia Performance Standards 8th Grade Social Studies
Common Core Literacy in Social Studies Standards