Welcome back students! We hope that you enjoyed your snow days. You should be well rested revived and ready to learn. We have plenty of material to cover this week. Our main subject will be the colonization of Africa. There will be a vocabulary quiz on Friday January 26, 2017. Please make sure that you go home and study. The quiz words are listed as follows, but not limited to:
• Colonialism-is the forced control of one nation by another nation.
• The Berlin Conference- a series of meetings in Berlin, Germany, held by European nations from 1884 to 1885. Africa’s rulers did not attend. The European nations discussed Africa’s land and how they wanted it to be divided. Ten percent of Africa was in European hands going into the meeting. Europeans owned most of Africa by its end.
• Triangular Trade- trade carried out between three points.
• Missionary- is a person who goes to a foreign country to spread his or her religion
• African National Congress- Fight for the rights of black Established in 1912
• Nationalism- is the identification of a ethnic group or nationality with a country or state.
• Suez Canal- human-made water route between Europe and Asia.
• Trade Balance- is the difference in value between a country’s imports and exports
Enjoy the rest of your week! Good luck on the quiz 🙂
Hello Parents and Students! I hope you’re having a glorious New Year so far :). This week we will continue our exploration of Africa.
We will visit standards:
SS7G2 Explain environmental issues across the continent of Africa. a. Explain how water pollution and unequal access to water impacts irrigation, trade, industry, and drinking water. b. Explain the relationship between poor soil and deforestation in Sub-Saharan Africa. c. Explain the impact of desertification on the environment of Africa.
SS7G3 Explain the impact of location, climate, and physical characteristics on population distribution in Africa. a. Explain how the characteristics in the Sahara, Sahel, savanna, and tropical rain forest impact trade and affect where people live..
This week’s lesson schedule will be:
Monday (1/8) Stations Lesson
Tuesday (1/9) Stations Lesson *continued*
Wed (1/10) Population Distribution map
Thursday (1/11) Kahoot Review game (Students may bring personal devices)
Friday (1/12) Quiz (African Geography/Environmental issues)
Students don’t forget your devices for the Kahoot on Thursday. Good luck with your quiz on Friday!
This week’s academic focus is the Middle East, assignments will be administered as follows:
Monday: Physical features writing assignment
Tuesday: Map checkpoint, environmental issues vocabulary
Wednesday: Environmental Issues Gallery Walk with pictures
Thursday: Current Event article (water scarcity in the Middle East)
Friday: Webquest on geography and environment
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at [email protected]
I am looking forward to a great 2017-2018 school year!
Welcome to your brand new blog at Cobb Learning.
To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.
For assistance, visit our comprehensive support site, check out our Edublogs User Guide guide or stop by The Edublogs Forums to chat with other edubloggers.
You can also subscribe to our brilliant free publication, The Edublogger, which is jammed with helpful tips, ideas and more.