I have really enjoyed teaching all of you this year. You will do great in high school. Make sure to continue with your French studies – all of you are able to get through at least French 3!
I will never forget this year- you guys made the year special, and you were also able to share in celebrating some of my personal milestones. 🙂
I hope you have a great summer! I know that high school is going to be such a great experience for you!
The Annual McClure Renaissance Carnival will be on the last day of school, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. We need volunteers to make this a fun and rewarding event for our kids! Teachers and staff will be at each location, but additional parent volunteers are needed. Please sign up to help https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4aa5af28a1f85-volunteer.
On May 23, the last of school, McClure will be hosting its annual Renaissance Carnival. It can’t happen without your help!
Please see Sign Up Genius to volunteer:
If you are interested in participating in Harrison’s Student Council, please see Ms. PT for information and an application.
Here is the recipe I use for crêpes. They are easy to make!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon melted butter cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (I put in about a teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I always add a little more than 1 tbsp)
- *sugar for sprinkling
In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt and slightly cooled melted butter. Add in the sugar and vanilla if making a sweet crepe. If making a savory crepe, leave the sugar and vanilla out.
Mix well with a wire whisk until well combined. Keep the whisk in the bowl and continue to mix the batter occasionally as you make the crepes.
Heat a 8″ non-stick skillet to medium heat.
Use a paper towel to lightly grease the pan with butter.
Pour 1/2 cup of crepe batter into the pan and tilt/rotate pan so the batter covers the pan in a thin layer. Cook until the edges start to lightly brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip over and cook for a few more seconds until done.
Sprinkle about a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar over the crepe and roll them up, or fold them into fourths.
Keep them covered with tinfoil to keep them warm until they’re ready to serve.
Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, whipped cream or Nutella!
This video helps you see how to put the batter in the pan and rotate it (starts at 2:00).
- Your last major grade will be the interview. I hope to finish those on Friday.
- RI- tomorrow the 15th
- SLO- Wednesday the 16th (counted as a major grade if it helps you)
- I am currently putting in some minor grades. Make sure you have turned in your blue warmups if you have not already.
- If you have a high C or B, you need to make sure you have turned in your completed warmups, are prepared for the interview, and are here to take the SLO. Those things have the potential to move your grade up!
On est presque là….courage !!!
Salut mes choux ! It was so nice to see all of you again today!
we started having our interviews & watched a Rick Steves video about Belgium while waiting to be called up.
A demain !
Don’t forget: you need to be here tomorrow & Wednesday!
Les réveils 7-8 mai-1fasxwv
These are your LAST warmups!
Salut mes choux !
- we did our LAST réveil
- we did a verb review game
- we watched a video about Guadeloupe
If you are going to Disney, I hope you have an awesome trip! If you are staying, I look forward to having small classes & making crêpes on Friday!! 🙂
Préparez une réponse pour chaque question. Dans l’interview, je vais vous demander 5 questions. Complete sentences are worth the most points.
- Qu’est-ce que tu aimes prendre pour le petit déjeuner?
- Qu’est-ce que tu aimes manger au dîner ? Et comme boisson ?
- Tu as un chien ou un chat ? Quel est son nom ?
- Ton meilleur(e) ami(e), il/elle est comment?
- D’habitude, qu’est-ce que tu aimes faire après l’école ?
- Qu’est-ce que tu vas faire ce week-end ?
- Qu’est-ce que tu fais comme sport?
- Qu’est-ce que tu fais quand il pleut ?
- D’habitude, en avril, quel temps fait-il ?
- Ils sont comment tes parents ?
- Comment es-tu? Fais la description de ton physique et de ta personalité.
12. Où est-ce qu’on va pour faire du sport ?
If you are not going to Disney, you will have your interview on Wednesday or Thursday. If you are going to Disney, you will have your interview next week (starting on Monday).
This will be your last major grade.