Dear parents and students;
We hope you are all doing well and ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to share with your children on daily basis. I am also thankful Thanksgiving Break is coming up soon 🙂 .
Following is a short list of topics and subjects we have been working very hard on;
- Using context clues to find the meanings of words and sentences.
- Identifying details so that we can develop comprehension and retell a story. We have read Because of Winn Dixie, How to Eat Fried Worms, Bridge of Terabithia. We have used the chapter books and the adapted versions of them.
- Solving linear equations with ONE variable. Identifying the value of X. We have used number lines to ease understanding.
- Understanding congruence and similarities using models and learned terms such as; translation, slide, reflection, flip, rotation, turn.
- learning about how temperature affects matter, solid, liquids, gas.
- we are reviewing the 5 Physiographic Regions of GA.
Hope you all have a wonderful Break,
Cristina Moreno M.Ed.
Hightower Trail Middle School.