- Students took their Cycles test today.
- No homework.
- Feel free to utilize any of these study tools in preparation for our test this Thursday!
- Study Guide Questions Cycles
- Quizlet: Cycles Vocabulary
- BrainPOP: Energy Pyramid Game
- The Carbon Cycle Game
- StudyJams: Water Cycle
- StudyJams: Carbon Cycle
- StudyJams: Nitrogen Cycle
- BrainPOP: Energy Pyramid
- Amoeba Sisters: Carbon and Nitrogen Cycles
- Textbook Pages 429-439: Energy and Matter in Ecosystems
Don’t feel like you have to use all of the links. Pick the areas where you feel you need the most review. Happy studying! 🙂
- Students took the Cycles Vocab Quiz today.
- With remaining time, they began working on their rough drafts of the Cycles Choice Project. They may create a comic strip or a children’s book that illustrates either the carbon cycle or the nitrogen cycle. They will have all of tomorrow’s class period to work on the final draft.
- Homework: Complete the Cycles Study Guide
- Cycles Test this Thursday!
- Students reviewed the Carbon Cycle today.
- They complete their Cycles Foldable and continued working on their Cycles in Nature Study Guide
- StudyJams: Carbon Cycle
This year’s Dickerson Dash 5K will be held Friday, March 13, at 7:45 pm.
This year’s theme is Zombie Run. Runners can expect to be splashed with red color powder along the race and can even purchase red color packets to throw on themselves or friends. Watch out! There may be some zombie sightings along the race course too! Community sponsors will have tents set up on campus and may have swag and coupons to pick up. Participants may choose to dress as a human or a zombie!
(The color powders are high quality and safe. All FDA food grade and biodegradable ingredients are used. The powders are certified cosmetics in Europe (safe for skin), certified non-dust explosive in the USA and Europe, and safe for the environment.)
Packet Pick Up is scheduled for Sunday, March 8 from 1 pm – 5 pm at Road Runner Sports East Cobb. Pick up your packet there, and Road Runner Sports will donate $1.25 per packet back to the school!
- Students played the Carbon Cycle board game today. We saw all of the different ways that carbon can travel on Earth.
- Homework: Complete Carbon Cycle game summary if not completed in class. If you did not fill in all of the stations, summarize what you did complete.
- Reminder: Cycles Vocab Quiz next Monday!
- Cycles Quizlet
- Students took a journey through the Nitrogen Cycle today in the Nitrogen Cycle Passport Game.
- We saw all of the different combinations of paths that Nitrogen can take in the cycle.
- Homework: Complete the Nitrogen Cycle Passport handout if not completed in class.
- Cycles Vocab Quiz next Monday!
- BrainPOP: Nitrogen Cycle