Mt. Bethel Elementary School is pleased to offer an After School Program (ASP) to enrolled students in grades K – 5.
- Every child attending ASP must have a current ASP Registration Form on file at our school.
- Registration forms are available at the ASP Desk.
- It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to keep all information current.
- Please update all contact information throughout the year.
- ASP is a prepaid program. PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO ATTENDANCE.
- The cost per day is $7.00 per child with a non-refundable annual registration fee of $10.00 per child. The registration fee is not applied until the child enters the program.
- Enclose all ASP payments (cash or check) in the ASP payment envelope and drop the payment in the school’s ASP drop box.
- Do not include other school money, such as lunch, PTA or field trips.
- If your account falls in arrears, your child may not attend the After School Program until payment is received in full.
- ASP account statements are available by request. Please contact our Account Clerk Sharon Pearson at Sharon.Pearson@cobbk12.org for account information.
- If your bank returns a check unpaid, the check will be charged back to your child’s ASP account.
- If the returned check causes the ASP account to become delinquent, you will have three days from the date you were notified by the school to bring the account current.
- Failure to pay within this time will result in your child being suspended or withdrawn from the program.
- If two checks are returned, only cash or money order payments will be accepted for the remainder of the school year.
Hours Of Operation:
- Daily Hours: 2:05 until 6:00
- Early Release Hours: 12:05 until 6:00
- Students must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. to avoid being charged a late fee.
- The late fee is $1.00 per minute/per child and is determined by the school clock and is strictly enforced.
- Three late pickups may result in suspension from the ASP program.
- All ASP students marked as present at roll call will be charged an attendance fee.
- Any student registered in a FACT club must be registered in ASP. If you do not use ASP you may request a refund at the end of the school year.
- If a student checks into ASP to attend a FACT club they will be charged the daily rate of $7.00 regardless of whether they remain in ASP after the FACT club.
- If a student attending a FACT club is withdrawn from ASP because of discipline violations, it will be the parent(s)/guardian(s) responsibility to make drop-off and pick-up arrangements for the FACT club.
- ASP closes at 6:00.
- A late fee of $1.00 per minute is charged for every minute after 6:00 p.m. on the school clock.
- Three late pick-ups (between 6:01 and 6:14) will result in a four-week suspension from the program.
- One excessively late pick-up (6:15 or after) will place the student on a probationary period. A second late pick-up will result in the student’s revocation of the right to attend ASP.
- If your student has already had one excessively late pick-up, their right to attend ASP will be revoked if a second late pick-up occurs.
Rules and Regulations:
- All Cobb County School District policies in the student handbook apply to ASP and must also be followed.
Safety and Security:
- Your child must be signed out at the ASP desk every day.
- Anytime there is a change in your child’s ASP attendance, written notification is required stating the changes.
- ONLY people designated on the registration form will be allowed to pick up your child.
- Any person who checks out your child MUST BE PREPARED TO SHOW IDENTIFICATION.
- No one is permitted beyond the ASP desk after 2:45.
- If an emergency happens that threatens the welfare of a child, a school official will contact the Cobb County Police Department.
- Late pickup by parent/guardian may be considered an emergency.
School Closing / Weather:
- If the school closes because of inclement weather or any other reason, ASP will close also. In this case, the instructions given to your child’s homeroom teacher on the inclement weather form will be followed.
Suspension or Withdrawal from After School Program:
- The After School Program is a privilege and each child is expected to behave properly.
The same behavior expectations apply in ASP as during the regular school day.
Inappropriate behavior may result in the suspension or withdrawal of your child from the program.