Many thanks to Kerri Grant for chaperoning our field trip to Cobb County Safety Village! We learned a lot about being safe at home, on the bus, around electricity and in case of a fire. Please visit Shutterfly to see pics!
Congratulations to Moyosola and Jack for participating in the Science Fair!
Please ask your child about what they learned today during the HTHT In-House Field Trip. They built all 6 simple machines and reviewed all Science Forces and Motion concepts.
EVENTS AND REMINDERS:
- ADVENTURES IN ART on Wednesday 11/15.
- BOOK FAIR on Wednesday 11/15 between 1:35-1:55.
- International Potluck 11/16 between 12:30-1:30. All parents are invited to attend! Please visit Shutterfly to sign-up for a country and a dish to share.
- STEM DAY-Sound Instruments. Students started planning for their sound instrument. They need to bring in all the needed supplies by next Friday, 11/18. This is a Science Grade-details in the Friday Folder.
- MOVIE DAY WITH MRS. BROOKS on Monday, November 20th at 1:30 pm. Bring a friend and a guardian and join me at Merchants Walk Cinema to watch the movie “Wonder”.
Have a great weekend!
Fire Safety Village Field Trip is tomorrow! Please wear comfortable running shoes and a rain jacket. No umbrellas! All sack lunches should be packed in disposable containers/ bags.
Our class t-shirts are here! I will distribute them tomorrow morning, so we can all wear them on the field trip.
Happy Friday! Many thanks to Kerri Grant and Marci Suddeth for all their help with the Halloween STEM challenges!
Please check your child’s folder for the following:
- Fire Safety Village permission slip. I am missing 4!
- Six Flags reading log-Due 12/8. Each student needs to log-in 6 hours of reading to receive a free ticket to Six Flags.
- Seesaw Invitation-Every student has an electronic portfolio that can be accessed from home. All you have to do is download the app and scan the QR code. Up to 10 family members can be part of the account.
- Fire Safety Booklets need to be completed and turned in for a Health grade by 11/10.
I need a chaperone for the Fire Safety Village field trip on Weds 11/8! Please e-mail me if you are interested!
Science: Light Quiz & Extra Credit Questions due on 11/10
Math: Division/ Word Problems Test on 11/6
Science Fair on 11/9. Field Trip to the Fire Safety Village on 11/8.
Light Test on 11/10! Please practice!
East Side Elementary is proud to support the Kiwanis Circle K Club of Kennesaw State University and Georgia Highlands Paulding Campus to promote the America Reads program this year. America Reads Initiative is a federal program that allows KSU and GHC work study students to tutor elementary and middle school students in Paulding and surrounding counties who are in need. Please consider donating a gently used or new book, but please don’t put your child’s name in it. A note of encouragement about the joys of reading that is slipped between the pages of a book is most welcome. The book drive will run until November 30th. Boxes are placed by the cafeteria and gym doors.
We had a very productive week! The students were challenged to design a toy that incorporated all the simple machines. They also created a movie trailer for the book “The Tiger Rising” using I-Movie. Please be on the look-out for an invitation to Seesaw. Each student will create a digital portfolio on this platform, so you will have a chance to see all the wonderful things we do in class.
As part of homework, students should read for 30 minutes every night. Twice a week, students should log-in to www.readtheory.org (Username: StudentID, Password: Password1). This online program adjusts the level of passages based on the answers given by the students.
- IXL is working! 10-15 minutes daily practice!
- TARGET STUDENTS will see Mrs. Murray on 10/30 and 11/6.
- I will take any leftover candy from Halloween! Also, please send in candy wrappers on Wednesday. We will use them for a special writing activity.
- I am still missing a lot of permission slips for: HTHT, Author’s Visit and Fire Safety Village. Please check your child’s folder every Friday and return the paperwork. I appreciate it!
- I need a chaperone for the Fire Safety Village Field Trip on 11/8 (9:00am-2:00pm). Please e-mail me if you are interested.
Next Week at-a-Glance
Math: Multiplication 2×2/ Word Problems
Spelling: Lesson 9/SPELLING TEST ON FRIDAY
Science: Sound and Light/ SOUND QUIZ ON WEDS
HALLOWEEN STEM CENTERS ON 10/31!
Sound Quiz on Wednesday, November 1st!
Thank you for taking the time to meet with me this week! I hope the conferences were meaningful to you and to your child!
We ended up raising $585 for the orphanage in Congo! I couldn’t be more proud! Thank you for your continuous support!
It was great seeing your family at the Fall Festival on Friday:) Many thanks to those who participated in the silent auction and donated money to the East Side Foundation!
This week is Red Ribbon Week– to support, here are the dress-up days:
- Monday- School Spirit (wear your favorite school shirt)
- Tuesday- Peace Out to Bullies (wear peace signs or tye-dye clothes)
- Wednesday- Team Up Against Bullying (wear your favorite team shirt)
- Thursday- Use your head (crazy hair/crazy hat)
- Friday- Promote good character (dress up as your favorite superhero)
Next Week at-a-Glance
Reading: Symbolism/ Non-Fiction Unit
Math: Multiplication 2×2 digits/ TEST ON FRIDAY
Spelling: Lesson 9/ TEST ON FRIDAY
Writing: Realistic Fiction
Friday: In-House Field Trip “So you want to be a colonial kid?”
Wow! What a great week! Our class raised $439 for the orphans in Congo. We still have some pledges coming in at the beginning of the week. Our $500 goal will pay for eight children to go to school, buy new shoes and backpacks.
The Foundation Capital Campaign needs your donation! We only have 30% participation this year. The Foundation funds the Science Lab, teacher training, new I-Pads and most recently the Social Studies Weekly for all 4th grade classes.
This year teacher auction is LIVE! I am taking the highest bidder to a BOWLING PARTY! Look at Item 97.
Many thanks to our wonderful moms, Greta Herbert and Caroline McNeely for teaching Adventures in Art this week! Ask your child about Michelangelo.
The students were very creative with their balloon racers! Pics will be posted on Shutterfly!
Math: Multiplication-TEST ON THURSDAY
Science: Simple Machines & Sound
Spelling: Lesson 7-TEST ON FRIDAY
I am looking forward to seeing you next week during conferences! Have a great weekend!
Simple Machine Test on Thursday! Have a great week!