We had a great week last week! Thanks to all who participated in the poster contest for Red Ribbon Week! The kids had a good time and learned how to be confident as well as drug and bully free!! Congrats to AJ for winning the poster contest for 1st. grade. Also Wyatt turned 7 this week!!
Things to Remember This Week:
- It is conference week. There will be early dismissal all week. Students will be dismissed at 12:30.
- It is Red Ribbon week. There will be activities to combat bullying and drugs all week.
*Tuesday-Bring in canned goods.
*Wednesday-Wear your favorite team shirt.
*Thursday-Wear your favorite hat.
*Friday-Wear Pitner gear.
- Continue to send in Box Tops. We are in the lead so far this month.
- Friday was our kick-off for the new behavior challenge at school. We are on the blue team. There is one class from every grade on our team. The goal is to earn chips from bus drivers, lunch monitors, and administrators for showing great behavior at school. The winning team will earn a dance party and team trophy at the end of the school year. Encourage your child to be a good citizen each day at school. Let’s go Blue!!!! We want to beat every other team.
- Students may return library books and check out new ones whenever they are ready. Please make sure your child is returning them as they finish reading them.
- You can help your child with their math fluency by helping them memorize facts 0-10. This includes addition and subtraction.
- Continue reading and completing the weekly reading log. I am seeing good progress in students’ reading fluency.
- This week students will study the Earth and its’ continents in social studies.
- Enjoy the week off next week!
- T shirt orders are due…Please send in form and 6$ so that your child will have a class shirt.
- Students may begin returning library books when they have finished reading them. I will make sure they have time to return them during the day. Please make sure they bring books back to school when complete.
- Send in Box Tops for September to help earn cash for the school.
- In social studies we are beginning a unit about our place in the world. Students will need to know there street address so please help them memorize this.
I hope everyone had a restful long weekend!
- This week we will be taking the Cogat test each morning Wednesday-Friday. Please make sure your child is on time for school.
- We begin addition strategies this week. To help your child with math fluency you can practice facts to 12 at home. Make sure your student knows all the ways to make 10. ex: 3+7, 9+1, etc.
- In writing we are beginning fall narratives. It is finally time to say goodbye to Summer.
- In math we will continue to work on our understanding of place value with a strong focus on the number 0-10.
- We have been investigating magnets and will finish up our unit this week.
- Continue to read each night at home. This is crucial for student growth in reading. Thanks to all who have been keeping up with the weekly reading logs. Prizes for completed logs in August will be awarded on Friday.
- Room 210’s store will open this Friday!! Students can use their earned gold coins to shop. The store is open the last Friday of every month.
- Please remember that Wednesday, Aug. 29th is an early release day. Dismissal is at 12:30.