- Picture day is Tuesday. Remember to send in your forms or go online to pay if you would like to purchase pictures.
- We are continuing to work on our stamina in reading. Please make sure your child is reading and filling out the reading log for the week. This will help your child’s reading stamina grow.
- We will be focusing on place value for the next 2 weeks in math. Students should understand the value of numbers in the ones and tens place.
- Our weather unit is complete in science. (Although we will continue to discuss throughout the year.) A study of magnets will begin this week.
- Don’t forget to turn in your Box Tops to help raise money for our school.
*Make sure you help your student log their home reading for the week. Returned completed logs will earn a prize at the conclusion of each month.
*The math focus for the week continues to focus on numbers 1-120. To help your student, practice counting backwards and forwards from any given number.
*We have begun a weather unit in science. Students will be learning about kinds of weather, tools used to measure weather and how weather can change.
****Please help your child memorize their student number. This will help them to log into the computers independently at school.
It was such a pleasure to meet all of my wonderful students last week. We spent those three days getting to know each other, reviewing class rules and getting acclimated to the routine of school after the summer break. Here are a few things to expect and remember this week:
*Homework, will “officially” start next week. However this week I will send the homework calendar and include the 10 minute daily reading assignments. It is extremely important for students to read both at home and at school. There is a direct correlation in reading ability and time spent reading.
*Students will work on an “All About Me” project at home to bring in and share on Friday.
*Open House is Thursday from 6-7:30. I hope to see everyone there.
*Happy birthday to Jordan Taylor this week!!!
I am so excited the school year is finally here! I am looking forward to meeting all of my new students and parents! I can’t wait to find out all about each one of you. Below you will find out a little about me.
I am a passionate educator and coach. I belong to a family of educators. I have been teaching for 29 years.(25 in Cobb County) Most of my years have been spent in first grade so I guess you could say I’m an expert. I love art and reading. I love sports and am an avid Steeler fan! I believe in challenging all students and helping them reach their potential. I also coach track and field at Campbell High School.