So inquiring minds want to know: How does this blog work?!?
Because I teach several different classes, the information about what we did or are doing in class will be found on different PAGES, not posts. Therefore, you will NOT receive a notice that a new post has been made. It will be your responsibility to simply check every night, when you are checking the blogs of your other teachers, if something has been posted for your French class.
The mission of the World Languages Department at Campbell Middle School is to provide an enriching and engaging environment to develop effective communicators in a second language through the use of standards-based instruction in one the following languages offered:
This is accomplished by further developing reading, writing, listening and researching skills in the second language. Another goal is to instill a greater awareness of the student’s own culture while encouraging an appreciation of the target language’s culture. The department strives to provide rich world language experiences which will increase each students’ capacity to live, work and contribute to a global society.
Did you know?
- Language study correlates with higher scores on the SAT and ACT?
- High school foreign language study correlates with higher academic performance?
- Language learning correlates with higher academic achievement on STANDARDIZED TEST MEASURES?
- Language learning is beneficial in the development of students’ READING abilities?
- Language learning correlates with a student’s ability to hypothesize in SCIENCE