If your child rides the bus, they are allowed to have a water bottle. I will remind them to refill at the end of the day.
4th GRADE MILESTONE SCORES:
- 4th grade Milestone scores will be going home TODAY (some students received their scores yesterday). They will be coming home in a white envelope.
OPEN HOUSE: IMPORTANT
- Unfortunately, I will NOT be able to do Open House on Wednesday, August 27th. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear of a new date that mine will be held.
- Mrs. Misinco will still be doing Open House on the 27th.
***Information about CLASS TAG went home YESTERDAY with an individual code to sign up to receive reminders and important information. Please sign up for CLASS TAG to stay updated with classroom happenings!
SUMMER READING CHALLENGE:
*The Summer Reading Challenge doesn’t end until Friday, August 16th so students still have time read and log their minutes into Biblionasium.
- Friday, August 30th: Spirit Day – College Football
Reading/ELA and Social Studies:
- Here is the link to Mrs. Misinco’s blog: http://www.cobblearning.net/misinco/
- Northeast States Quiz
- Place Value Quiz TOMORROW on the following:
- Standard Form
- Word Form
- Expanded Form – Multiplying each digit by its place value (ie: 3,459 = (3 x 1000) + (4 x 100) + (5 x 10) + (9 x 1)
- We have also worked on writing the place values as exponents – 1000 = 10³
- Place Value – location of the digit on the place value chart
- Value – worth of the digit within a number
- Multiplication Fact quiz on FRIDAY. Students will have the entire 9 weeks to improve their grade on this test. Once they have earned a 100% or opted out because they were happy with their score, they no long have to take it for the remainder of the 9 weeks.
- Your grade can only improve from the first test (1st graded quiz went home yesterday). Your score will never go lower.
- If you struggle with your multiplication or division facts 0-12, please make sure you are reviewing them nightly. You will need the fluency across all topics in math this year. We are building on the standards from K thru 4th grade.
- Here is a Quizizz if you would like to practice your multiplication facts:
- Website: https://join.quizizz.com
- Code: 417216
- Review the Scientific Method and today’s notes on Science Variables
- Quiz on Scientific Method and Variables on TUESDAY.