On Monday we will practice with our map skills by creating a map of an imaginary island based on a tracing of our hand.
This practice will continue on Tuesday when we create neighborhood directions maps.
On Wednesday we will rotate through stations on the geography of Latin America including a Virtual Reality tour of Machu Pichu!
On Thursday we will review for our Latin America Geography test, which will be on Friday. Study with this Quizizz!
Before we review Thursday, check out this cool game. Try to guess where you are!
Or go to the home page for more games! https://geoguessr.com/
Fun Local Places and Others We Have Studied Geoguessr
On Monday and Tuesday, we will continue to review for our Africa Unit Test on Wednesday.
On Thursday students will complete games and activities to review Africa.
WebQuest South East Asia Geography-1xtxf2u
South & East Asia GeoGuessr
Friday will begin our next unit, and we will create maps of Southeast Asia.
WebQuest – Geography of S+E Asia
(#1) – Click on the following links to find the answers to these ‘Geography of S+E Asia’ questions!
1) In reference to the “Himalayan Mountains,” the world’s tallest mountain range, what does ‘Himalaya’ mean?
2) What is the relationship between the “Gobi Desert” and the Silk Road?
3) Why is the “Ganges River” so important to the people of India?
4) Which countries border the “Sea of Japan?”
5) Which countries does the “Mekong River” flow through?
6) How large is the “Yangtze River?”
7) Where is the “Bay of Bengal” located?
8) The Yangtze River absorbed more than _____% of China’s waste water, and _____% of it is untreated.
9) How has the Indian government tried to eliminate some of the pollution that occurs in the Ganges River?
10) How is China’s pollution affecting food production?
11) What caused massive flooding in Beijing, China during the summer of 2012?
12) Where do most people in China live?
13) When will India pass China as the most populous country in the world?
14) Although India covers only 2.4% of the world’s land, it supports over _____% of the world’s population.
15) According to Buddhists, what is included within the “4 Noble Truths?”
16) Where are the main locations that “Hinduism” is practiced?
17) How many people in Southeast Asia practice “Islam?”
18) In the world of Shintoism, who are the “kami?”
19) Why do many people consider “Confucianism” to be a philosophy instead of a religion?