Hello, my name is Mr. Calvin. This year, I will be taking your student down the road of enlightenment, through Life Science.
This blog is developed to help your student achieve success in my class and beyond and as a communications tool as well. If for whatever the reason your student was absent, he/she can use this blog to research what was covered in class and not fall behind. It is the responsibility of the student to check the blog regularly for any materials they may need. Part of the preparation for higher learning is to gradually achieve greater independence through practice. What greater place than to start here.
The pages on this blog are updated as soon as an assignment or extra resource is added that can help the student with achieving the goal of independence. This blog is also a way of communicating with the parent or guardian any communications that our district may deliver occasionally. Parents/Guardians you are highly encouraged to view this blog along with your student to monitor their progress. Handouts that were provided in class will always be available in class or upon request.
Please feel free to offer any suggestions about how I can make this blog most effective and helpful to you and your student.
If you need any additional information, please feel free to contact me through email (Leonard.email@example.com).
This page will be used to post announcements from our school or from the district. To access Life Science please go to the top of the page and select the tab Life Science.
September 19, 2019
- Your HR students’ photo packets are in your mailboxes. Distribute these ASAP.
- Instructions and payment info w/envelope are in each packet for the parents to read.
- DO NOT COLLECT UNWANTED PICTURES TODAY, (9/19/19). Please tell the students to take them home to let their parents make the decision.
- Students will return the pictures their parents do not want to purchase to you. Send the returned pictures up daily with your attendance folder.
- If a student is purchasing pictures, that student should place and keep the money in the Strawbridge $ envelope and place it in the black box. Ask your HR students each day if they have pictures to return or money for purchase. Do this until October 8th .
- Retake Day is October 8th. This day is for students who were absent, new students, and for students with glaringly bad mistakes such as closed eyes. This day is not for students who just want to see if they can take a better picture (unless their parent requests it).
- Any questions? Feel free to contact me or send the student to see me.
September 6, 2019
7th grade will be taking the CoGat & Iowa tests Sept 6-12. Please encourage them to go to bed at a decent hour, eat breakfast, be on time, and try their best.
August 30, 2019
Please share the list below on your blog. The list below are apps that parents can use to monitor their child’s cell phone use. I just wanted to share this with you all to share with parents.
- Net Nanny
- Phone Sheriff
- Spy Bubble
- Kids Guard Pro
- Life 360
August 26, 2019
Tomorrow is picture time. Please have your student in their best. These pictures will be placed in the year book.
August 12, 2019
• Weekly Meetings (Fridays; 8:00 am – 8:50 am)
• Discuss topics: friendships, bullying, leadership, positive affirmation, etc.…
• Fun Activities: STEM program, Lock-in, Teen-Talk, Career day, Movies, etc.…
• Community Service
• If you have any questions about the program: Please contact Ms. Spencer (Barber Facilitator) at 770-975-6764 x. 033/
firstname.lastname@example.org or Cristina Marrero (Founder) at 770-255-9168/ email@example.com
To inspire young women to be confident leaders through mentoring.
To Encourage, Empower and Engage young women to discover their true potential
and make positive choices by exposing them to new experiences and pr