What are we learning this week?
Reading: Learning About Characters
Writing: Informational Writing / Research
Word Study: Differentiated Word Study Lists (Test on Friday – Last week’s list)
Math: Division Using the Box Method (Assessment on Friday) What is that??? Watch this video! 🙂 https://youtu.be/wqz2W9QkpjY
Social Studies: American Revolution (Quiz on Causes on Thursday)
Flexible Seating – We are in the process of making our classroom a flexible seating classroom! Students are able to select the seating style that works best for them. Some desk are raised to standing height, some are lowered so students may sit on the floor, and some students have ball chairs or wiggle seats. With our Tiger Trot top fundraising winnings, I was able to purchase some of these materials for our classroom. However, we need more options to truly make our classroom a flexible seating environment. I have created an Amazon wish list for items that we are looking to have in our classroom. Thanks your support! https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2V220XYTE89WQ
Fire Safety Village Field Trip – January 23rd (9:15-1:30-approx.) There is no cost for this field trip.
Please help your child to prepare for the Fire Safety Village field trip by reading the following:
- Please make sure your child has on comfortable, closed-toe shoes. PLEASE WEAR 4th GRADE T SHIRT AND STANDARD ATTIRE PANTS.
- Make sure that your child is prepared for the weather that day. About 45 minutes of the experience is done outside.
- Please make sure to send your child with lunch in a disposable bagwith his or her name written on it if he or she chooses to bring his/her own lunch. Lunch boxes may not be taken into the Safety Village.
- Other students purchasing lunch from school will get a sack lunch to take with them.
- We leave promptly at 9:15 and will return approximately at 1:30.
Willy’s Spirit Night – Tuesday, January 23rd 5:00 – 8:00pm
4th Grade Awards Ceremony – Thursday, January 25th 8:15am
All Pro Dads – Friday, January 26th 7:00am